New chip available for the D23

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So uni chip got a 30rwkw increase in power. 109kw to 139kw.
And a 20%increase in torque.
So at the engine power 178kw and 540nm of torque. So with an upgraded exhaust should see close to 200kw at the engine

Seen that I few months back now. A lot of effort involved it the fitment. I think they where waiting on some kind of modification certs with the fittment. Looks awesome none the less

There snorkle and airbox is like 1885 fitted. I got my tjm airbox fitted for $680

So I have been talking to a mob in VIC that do ECU tuning on everything diesel.

They currently do custom flash tuning for the NP300 (not chip). 10-15% gain in power, 20% gain in torque. Can't get any more as the exhaust/DPF is a major restriction and will clog up real fast if pushed any more.

I'm thinking about organizing a group tuning session if anyone is interested?

They are currently working on a DPF removal tune. They have the files, just need for someone to actually want to remove the DPF.

Im talking to another local tuner. Gonna go see him next week as he wants to check out the ecu on mine and see if he has the correct protocols for it. If so hopefully ill be able to get a cheap tune out of him. He has done great things with other diesel cars. Ill keep yas posted. He even does a post your ecu option and they will retune it and send it back. I know he has other dealers around the country.

Hi Tonba
I would be interested in talking to the mob in Melb about dpf delete. I already have 3" dpf back system dumped at the diff, can happily get the rest made up juust need someone to tune it and switch it off / trick it

Any update Simmo32?

Has anyone had a PDI tune upgrade done in Brisbane yet?

Cheers

Hey Fellas.. first post, had my ST-X just over a week and im already looking at options.. check these guys out.

http://www.sw-diesel.com.au/find-your-vehicle/nissan/

Most chips/reflashs increase fuel pressure which over the long term is a big no no.. these guys don't.. worth a call and pretty good value too..

Has anyone had any engine faults with the EGR blank fitted in an Auto?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

I just had a look at the fitting instructions for the SW chip - it's purely (and only) a fuel rail pressure modifier. The only connection it makes is to the fuel rail pressure sensor:

Installation instructions

1. Please ensure before starting all work that the ignition is off and keys are removed.
  2. Open bonnet and remove any engine covers required for access.
  3. Locate the diesel common rail. This is a horizontal tube which has injector pipes running from it. The fuel pressure sensor will be mounted to this.An example of such can be seen below.
  4. Disconnect the pressure sensor wiring plug. The plug will have a locking clip. Make sure to depress or lift this locking mechanism before pulling on the plug.
  5. Connect your SW DIESEL connector to the rail pressure sensor. The remaining free connector should be connected to the previously removed plug of the original wiring loom. This completing the circuit. Refer to the sample shown below.
  6. Please mount unit securely to a shock resistant area, making sure all wiring is secure. please do not attach directly to the fire wall. Refer to example below
  7. Switch on ignition and ensure that the blue power light is either eliminated or flashing. Refit any protective covers removed. It is now safe to start your vehicle. Please refer to our adjustment page for any fine tuning that maybe required.
  8. If you have any questions regarding installation or adjustment please don't hesitate to contact us.

Now they might do a better mapping than the rough-and-ready "No Limits" chip (about $150 on eBay) but essentially they're the same thing.

Here's a thread that's really worth reading. The author was reselling the Unichip device and last I heard was working in Queensland doing exhausts and tunes on diesel. When you chat to him you get the distinct impression that he's familiar with the subject at hand. He was quite good in discussions in here.

Latest posts

Back