New chip available for the D23

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cessa

Reaction score
Gday guys
I was interested in a new exhaust and chip for the ute to give it some more oomph whilst towing.
Have researched some sites but they have nothing listed for the D23 (NP300).

I sent an email to a well known company called DP chip and they do have a plug in chip for the ute. They said it cost $1495 plus $20 for freight. Now i know there is a fair bit of R&D that goes into this but $1500 plus freight, seriously.
For the exhaust, a local company called Tiapan XP do a very good system but nothing yet for the D23. They say in a few months time when they get a ute into do performance testing on a dyno.
I reckon a new exhaust system would be over $1k plus the chip. Are the gains really worth that money.

Not refering to the NP300 as I no knowledge, however overall from my YD25 experience it certainly livens it up and makes it nicer to drive. But for the price if I was to do it again i would spend the coin on something else that would improve it's comfort and ability. Being early day's with the D23 landed in Australia I would be inclined to let someone else be the guinea pig and experiment with whatever combination works best, then learn from that. Remapping has come a long way, it looks like a better/safer combination than the old pressure chip that belongs on Noah's Ark.

with regards to an exhaust, i dropped my d40 off for 2 days at factory direct 4x4 exhausts( glenn 1300858857) in narangba. they needed a series 1 d40 to make up a jig, so got it for $750, 3" turbo back with hi flow cat and muffler, fitted.
maybe they need a np300 guinea pig!

Check out these guys.

It cost me $2000 for the stainless exhaust and chip and makes a nice improvement.http://www.willallracing.com.au/np300r.htm

Is the willallracing chip a system to increase diesel pressure in the manifold only and not an engine remap?
The exhaust looks good though. I do like the Tiapan XP exhaust and the muffler they designed. They seem to know what they are doing and do it right with dino testing. They dont do a chip but will investigate whats on the market and design a system to maximize the exhaust efficiencies.

Is the willallracing chip a system to increase diesel pressure in the manifold only and not an engine remap?

The exhaust looks good though. I do like the Tiapan XP exhaust and the muffler they designed. They seem to know what they are doing and do it right with dino testing. They dont do a chip but will investigate whats on the market and design a system to maximize the exhaust efficiencies.

Yes the Willal racing chip for the Np300 increases the fuel rail pressure only. The exhaust is pretty good though. There are other companies I know of that are still dyno testing there tunes. Look out for uni chip and hi torque performance in the near future. There is also a tunit chip out now and Sw Deisel chip also. Don't know much of the later two though

Coming from rail and injector chips...they work well to put a smile on your face..saying that if i was to do it all again id go with a remap if and when they are available...just one less thing to think about...and for the price of a new chip the remap isnt far off somtimes under...even buying second hand like i have..ive now spent more than a remap.but had a huge amount of fun along the way if you like to play with things.

Im currently talking to someone that does flash tuning. He is working on files for the NP300 at the moment.

He can control some things, but still needs more work to understand Nissans coding as it is completely different to the D40.

I can keep you all in the loop.

Im currently talking to someone that does flash tuning. He is working on files for the NP300 at the moment.

He can control some things, but still needs more work to understand Nissans coding as it is completely different to the D40.

I can keep you all in the loop.

Awesome news :popcorn1:

Probably pretty complicated on a car with compound turboing.

Its not really the compound turbo. Its more the coding is completely different from all older navaras and similar vehicles.

At the moment he can control injector timing, but needs to get into the bits that also control boost pressure, and the DPF.

Is that what it is a compound setup...was attempting to find this out the other day.

Compound is one turbo blowing into the intake of the other turbo. Trucks generally use this type.

Unichip are one of the better ones on the market atm as they can control a lot more parameters than the rail only or injector only chips currently getting around. Id suggest the Unichip over any other chip on the market as it has built in fail safes to stop the engine from cooking itself, e.g. if the coolant temp gets over say 100 deg it will cut fuelling, you can set fuel rail pressure limits as well.

I haven't had experience with them but having a xr6 turbo previously have heard slot of good stories about them from other falcon owners on the east coast. They are using the Uni chip and they have there results on there Facebook page

Latest posts

Back