sluggish 2.5 auto

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got mine adjusted so that peak boost is lower than standard. Lag is about the same, both at a standstill and when already moving.

It's not linear in any way. The valve is basically a spring-controlled valve to change the amount of vacuum reaching the actuator. You adjust the spring pressure (which changes the max boost) and if you buy the full kit you can adjust the rate that the vacuum adjusts too, so you can slow the response time down if you want.

Because it's balancing the boost side of the turbo with the vacuum, and because boost is dependent on engine speed, the valve ends up varying boost pressure based on engine revs and load. It will back off the turbo as you release pressure on the throttle because the load is reduced, which reduces exhaust output which slows the turbine.

Let's look at takeoff - with no boost at all, there's no pressure on the valve so full vacuum is allowed to the actuator, pulling the vanes open. You put your foot down and instead of waiting for the vanes to open, they're already there (and that's really the only major difference).

The real world difference is miniscule, because when you're at idle and put your foot down, the BCS is commanded straight away to open the vanes. At this point the engine revs haven't built enough to provide any boost anyway - this is that lag spot as you're taking off - so neither is slower or faster than the other.

The difference is in the reliability. I haven't had a single problem with my Tilix valve since installing it.

Latest posts

Back