D22 series 1 diesel/gas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_86

Reaction score
Hi guys.
been looking around here for as much info as I can before I buy my next ute.
I have found a 1998 D22 S1 with 200 000ks Has the QD32 diesel which is running diesel and gas blend at about 30% lpg. Has all the stuff I want (snorkel, winch bar, CB/UHF etc.) I have read these are pretty reliable little units, but not overly fast. However with the gas it should have a bit more poke.

It is Due for its 200 000k service, so what is involved in this service? Also, the vehicle is down in SA and im in QLD, so im getting a mobile mechanic to check over it, including compression checks and all. Is there anything else in particular that I should tell the mechanic to look for? Or has anybody else here got the 3.2 on gas and can tell me what to look forward to?

Any other info anyone can provide would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks,
Daniel

200,000km's service will include oil and valve train adjustments.

Wouldn't hurt to get the injectors done and the pump timing checked.

Knock him down a grand for these.

Dave.

already knocked him down 2g he wont go any lower. what would that service be worth to get done??
Thanks for the rapid reply!

Probably $700, change the oil yoursef and get a diesel workshop to check the pump and timing and injectors.

Dave.

tweake they still run diesel gas on natural asperated cars, it's just the engine sucks the air not get's forced into it.
i reckon it would be an ok buy. take it for a test drive and make sure the gas works so drive along turn it off and keep driving and turn it on.
id do all the checks and that dave has said

yes well aware of how they work. however there's not a lot of gain of atmo diesels as it really needs excess air to be able to pour in decent amounts of lpg. lpg is fuel, you can't use much if your already maxed out the air with diesel.
to pour in 30% lpg you need 30% of spare air (not strictly true but you get the point) which you just do not get with an atmo motor.

Bit hard to take it for a test drive its down in adelaide and im in QLD. So will be getting a mechanic to do a full check over. he will be doing compression tests and all so im hoping he will do a thorough job. Just waiting on a few more pics. Apparantly there is an oil leak from somewhere on the drivers side of the motor, but he is unsure of what it is thats leaking (any ideas?). If the mechanic check shows up all right i may get it. He reckons the gas made a significant increase in power, and gets about 100k more out of a tank.

Just a quick run down of what it is...

1998 Navara QD32 3.2L Diesel and gas
Blue over silver Dual cab manual 4x4
Snorkel
200 000ks
Roof basket
Winch capable bar
UHF/CB
Lockable hardcover
Side/ rear steps
Towbar
Cruise control
Power windows
Central locking
CD Mp3 player
Tubliner
+ more

The bad
Needs 200 000 k service
Aircon works but he says could be colder
Oil leak
Needs new Tires

Oh and its 2000 ks away.

He was asking $11500
Got him down to 10k

Do you reckon its a good buy?

he will be doing compression tests and all so im hoping he will do a thorough job.

Remember compression tests need to be taken with a grain of salt. Often the motor is in better condition than the test suggests, purely due to the way the gauge is used.

Apparantly there is an oil leak from somewhere on the drivers side of the motor, but he is unsure of what it is thats leaking (any ideas?).

I'm trying to envisage what could be leaking oil on the driver's side besides the sump gasket... nothing comes to mind. Mine leaks a little diesel, and a lot of power steering fluid from the drivers side though.

1998 Navara QD32 3.2L Diesel and gas
Blue over silver Dual cab manual 4x4
Snorkel
200 000ks
Roof basket
Winch capable bar
UHF/CB
Lockable hardcover
Side/ rear steps
Towbar
Cruise control
Power windows
Central locking
CD Mp3 player
Tubliner
+ more

The bad
Needs 200 000 k service
Aircon works but he says could be colder
Oil leak
Needs new Tires

Oh and its 2000 ks away.

He was asking $11500
Got him down to 10k

Do you reckon its a good buy?

Wow, that's optioned up to the max.

I wouldn't shed tears over the 200,000km service. Being an interstate purchase, you'll need a QLD roadworthy anyway to register it so it's hardly a turnkey deal. Just be glad it's only up to 200,000km.

I wouldn't stress about the air con either. A recharge is like $70 max.

Providing the full story is there, I think you're looking at a good deal.

Has full service history bar one when they forgot to put it in the book apparantly. All the options is what lead me to want to buy it. locally there is one here 99 model 175000ks base model with nothing for 16k.

My biggest concern is the oil leak. How hard is the sump gasket to replace on a qd32? Easily done at home or best left to a mechanic, and how much would i be looking at?

My biggest concern is the oil leak. How hard is the sump gasket to replace on a qd32? Easily done at home or best left to a mechanic, and how much would i be looking at?

I can't see how it would be the sump gasket, I just can't think of anything else that could possibly leak oil on the driver's side right now. Except maybe the dipstick port or something.

I say go for it.

Well the mechanical inspection is booked in for Tuesday so hopefully we will see what problems may arise. The gas system is a D-Gas System, anyone heard of them?
In the meantime here is a couple of pics!!

Resized640x480_DSCF1020.jpg

dcgoiheb.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

Let me know what you think!!

I think I'd be pretty happy owning one of them.

All you'd have to do is get the QD32 turbocharged, and do the R180A to R200A front diff swap, and you'd have the perfect base platform Navara on which to build a great custom truck.

I've heard of D-Gas. Search on exploroz and similar, there's a fair few reviews and stuff on there.

...Amazing! Sounds like my Truck! 2000 Dx D22 QD32. Diesel Gas set at 25%, Snorkel, Headers, 2.5" HiFlo Exhaust, HiFlo Air Filter. Trady HiTop Canopy, OME Supsension upgrade, UHF, CD etc. ARB Front & Rear Bars, Narva spots. Just fitted a Rola Vortex roof rack and front auto Lokka! Already has a great rear H233 LSD. A great Truck... 12Km per Lt around town, and not that slow any more with the breathing mods! I love it!!

Latest posts

Back