d22 nudge bar fitment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kd0603

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just bought a second hand genuine nissan nudge bar for my ride,
first question .....are they hard to fit ?
And
second question ....if they are,,!,does anyone know where i can get it done as most mobs ive spoke to are only interested if i bought the bar off them

Just not sure about cutting the front bumper, it came with the front bumper still attatched and was thinking about getting it sprayed white , but then i got my original bumper lying around the house and that will piss me off ,,,more sooner than later

I am pretty sure the Genuine nudge bar just slips under the original front bar and bolts up to existing bolt holes. you shouldn,t have to cut anything.

The bumper that its still attatched to has got holes cut in the bumper for the brackets to slip through

Attachments

• 20180217_180932.jpg
    20180217_180932.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 51
Try these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-133600.jpg
    Screenshot_20180218-133600.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20180218-133539.jpg
    Screenshot_20180218-133539.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20180218-133624.jpg
    Screenshot_20180218-133624.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 49
The one i had on my 97 nav 2wd bolted up under the bumper i rhink wirh the shape change to rhe front bumper the mounting also changed

hard to tell with such tight pictures.
but i think its a normal nudge bar that someone has raised up and notched the bottom of the bumper to fit it.

I agree with all above, you shouldn't have to cut anything like that. The bracket should fit under the bar.
The previous owner probably wanted the bar to sit higher which means that maybe the brackets had been modified.
Have you tried to download some fitting instructions?
Nissan might be able to help if you can't find anything online.

Last edited:
Went to nissan today..got the install information..
Ive got the correct bar and brackets and sure enoigh i gotta cut the bumper to fit it .so the bar hasnt been lifted or brackets modified......looks like 12 beers 9 inch grinder and a sabre saw or oxy for the cut job that should do it

I saw a D22 Navara today with the Nudge Bar fitted and there was no cutting done atall. the bar went under the stock front bar and bolted up to the subframe.

Yeh the genuine nissan one has tapered ends so it looks like it comes out of the bumper ..all the aftermarket ones bolt under ..starting to think ill off the nissan one and go an aftermarket stainless one..The thought of cutting the bumper is doing my head in

Yeh the genuine nissan one has tapered ends so it looks like it comes out of the bumper ..all the aftermarket ones bolt under ..starting to think ill off the nissan one and go an aftermarket stainless one..The thought of cutting the bumper is doing my head in

"genuine nissan" is aftermarket anyway and it all depends on who supplies them.

easy fix is to remake the mount so it sits lower.

Latest posts

Back