Auber Instruments EGT Gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I finally got my Auber instruments EGT gauge from the states. I have a couple of questions.

With the EGT gauge I opted for the 1/8th NPT fitting as I have already had a SS plate (with a central tap at 1/8NPT made my someone else) to go over the EGR port on the manifold for the probe. Now when I go to screw in the EGT probe fitting it wont fit, it seems slightly too large. When I reverse the fitting though it fits easily. I had a 1/8BSP SS bung in the hole to begin with while I was awaiting my EGT probe from the states and that fits neatly enough, I will upload some pics to show you guys

I am assume the tapped EGR plate is correct as the 1/8BSP fitting fits nice (I have been told that 1/8 BSP and NPT fittings can be used interchangably for a few threads until the small difference in pitch starts to matter causing it to sieze), so what am I missing, the 1/8NPT on their website certainly looks like the fitting they have sent me, as in it is tapered so it must be pipe thread and it is the right looking size as the 1/4 BSP/NPT is way to thick?

I am confused

Cheers,
Alex

Attachments

• DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0182.JPG
    DSC_0182.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0183.JPG
    DSC_0183.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0184.JPG
    DSC_0184.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 151
i'm picking your plate is either BSP thread (maybe BSPT) or they haven't run the tap through far enough.

You want the probe either in the exhaust manifold or straight after the turbo. The gas flow near a blocked EGR pipe may be inconsistent compared to a free flowing pipe

Yeah that plate is for the EGR plate in the exhaust manifold? WIll that not suffice. Ill head to an irrigation and fittings guy tomorrow and get him to have a look, it seems like it is close but just doesnt quite fit

Not sure on the ZD30's where the block goes but it could be and issue if it was done this way on a YD25

I have the regular EGR block as well this block plate will remove my EGR pipe and system entirely. Baitfish on here has his the same way

Mine's in the end of the exhaust manifold, been fine for years. I'd say tweakes right, they haven't run the tap right thru. I did my own and had to run it all the way in.

Yep you guys are on the money, had to find a hydraulics guy and get him to run the tap all the way through and now it fits fine. Should have just done it myself. Finally have everything in order I can think about installing the gauges haha.

Okay originally I wanted to just sit the gauges ontop of my dash mat with a bit of velcro on them so they stay put and I had planned the run the wires up behind the dash near the windscreen, unfortunately I cant find an easy way of doing that. I had assumed there was a small gap there which I could fit cables up but no deal. Is there an easy way to get the gauges on top of the dash ( could run cable all the way round the side up the pillar then onto the dash but I am not sure my EGT probe or boost sensor is long enough for that) or will I just mount them above the head unit in the din slot (my UHF is there atm so I will have relocate that to the card slot).

Last edited:
The Auber egt gauge fits almost perfectly in the card slot. Just have to cut the plastic away at the back of the slot. I also made a fascia out of some 1.6mm aluminium plate I had sitting around to cover the gap at the front.

as far as using EGR port for EGT probe, just make sure its in far enough. if its not the temps will drop a lot. you want it in the center of the gas flow.

I got a bit of ali flat bar from Bunnings and made a bracket to hold them in the instrument cluster. The black plastic surround comes out easy, so I drilled a hole thru the side for the cables and used the original screw holes to mount the bracket. You can lengthen the wiring from the probes if necessary, just use similar gauge wire.

Attachments

• auber guages.jpg
    auber guages.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 110
Tried to remove my EGR pipe today to fit the plate. Because of the stud in the lower exhaust manifold I can't get the pipe out, is this correct? Getting that stud out would be a pain in the ass as it is underneath, double nutting it would be almost impossible. the only option I can see is bashing the manifold end till the pipe pops and then I can remove in two pieces. I would have liked to keep it whole though if I ever need to re fit to the car for re sale/ legal reasons. Can anyone solve my problem?

I don't remember having that problem with mine. From memory it was just 3 bolts on the exhaust side and 2 on the intake side and the whole egr pipe came straight out.

Yeah I have three on the manifold side but the lower one is actually a stud and nut. If I can get it out it will be simple enough to replace the 12mm stud with a bolt but I cant get the bloody thing off.

I cant find any thread with people removing them on ZD30s without them first being broken, if I broke it in two pieces it would come out easily

Latest posts

Back