clutch replacement!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just about to replace the clutch in my D22 3.0. I am putting another xtreme HD clutch back in it. The one in it seemed great, it is now just got a heavy pedal and if we are pulling the gearboxw out, I may as well do the clutch unless it is still really good and the heavy pedal is something else... doubt it.

T54

Do you have v6 petrol or 4 cyl diesel?
3.0litre indicates 4 cyl diesel and 06 has a turbo.
Can you post up pic of engine?

If your going independent mechanic I've had no probs with Langham autos
in welshpool for services etc on other vehicles but do my own work on my nav.

this is the engine guys, i dont really know much about it and would really like to know more, thankyou :)

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 281
its a ZD30 turbo as well, you can see the turbocharger on the right side of the engine, should take it back and show the service guy...

what a dickhead haha, he told me it was non turbo with a duelmass flywheel, maybe i should take it to nissan and pay for them to tell me exactly whats wrong with it!

If they cant work out what kind of car it is i wouldent let them near it unless it was to run the di'kheads over...

I jsut replaced my clutch on my D22 05 str and machined the flywheel
bought my exedy HD clutch from JS diesel $750 -

over all cost me $1000 flat - my mechanic installed it for me and machined my flywheel

So what exactly is wrong with it? Is it slipping or shuddering on take off? If you tell us what area you are in we can probably recommend someone to take it to

So what exactly is wrong with it? Is it slipping or shuddering on take off? If you tell us what area you are in we can probably recommend someone to take it to

Its slipping and constantly smelling like clutch, ive found out that its SMF and am buying a heavy duty clutch on the net. I live south of the river and am looking to find someone who does quality work for and not try and rip me off haha!

Do it yourself, grab a mate and rip the box out. All you have to do other than buy the kit is to get the flywheel machined.
Should be able to do it in a day easily if you pre book the flywheel in.

Do it yourself, grab a mate and rip the box out. All you have to do other than buy the kit is to get the flywheel machined.
Should be able to do it in a day easily if you pre book the flywheel in.

7 hours. Minimum. I phoned a clutch place about getting it done and found out they had a magic book about all the cars - including approximate time it takes to do the work.

7 hours. Minimum. I phoned a clutch place about getting it done and found out they had a magic book about all the cars - including approximate time it takes to do the work.

All the manufactures have a book that gives times for what each job should take. If the book says 7hrs to change a clutch but the second year apprentice does it in 5 because he's already done a few and has it down pat, nissan still charge you by the book- 7 hrs @ $130hr.

nice one!
Exedy dont stock that clutch in uk,how much reckon cost to ship one from oz to uk???.
One on uk ebay is valeo friction plate,nissan cover,nsk bearing dont fill me with confidence! Are patrol clutches the same?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back