Reverse Camera Position

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bax84

Reaction score
Anyone here mounted the reverse camera up on the tailgate somewhere? I'm thinking I could probably get it in the tailgate handle?

I feel as though the number plate mount will be too low, but admittedly I haven't tried it yet.

Yep I put mine on the handle.
It is a close fit behind to miss the screw and tailgate body behind but all went well.
It is almost invisible too and only sticks out about 23mm.

I put it there because it is easy to replace the handle if something went wrong.

Attachments

• 20170720_062440.jpg
    20170720_062440.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 217
Wow, that looks spot on. I was thinking the same with the handle, definitely didn't want to cut into the body, the handle is way easier to fix than the body.

What camera is that? I just ordered a 20 dollar angled ebay one.

Any chance you can take a photo of what the camera can see from that angle?

I got a package from eBay but spoke with the seller off line and he recommended a different kit. I think the eBay name is carvision.
He has different packages on how much you want to spend.
I got the camera, rear view mirror with a dash cam fitted to it and all wiring and the camera of course for just over $300.
I had to modify the spacer as he only had one to fit a Patrol, I just tapered it to what I thought looked as original.

I will get a shot tomorrow of what I can see in the mirror.

Awesome kit.

I can PM you his mobile number if you like.

Its taken me awhile to take a photo and upload it.
I think the 22 compared with the 40, the handle is a fair bit smaller but it'll give you an idea maybe.

Last edited:
Here is a pic as promised.
I wanted to see the rear bar so i got what i wanted.
The lines are just what the phone camera displayed. The image is crystal clear.
It also displays parking lines but I chose to turn them off.

9083ca1645941b9623703adca0c35037.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tony.

One more question, any ideas what angle the camera can show?

I'd grab the stuff but I ended up ordering one the other day, it's just a generic eBay one. Connecting into an alpine headunit.

Yes I tow a work trailer daily so it makes it a lot easier to hitch up.
As or the angle, I'm not sure exactly.
I did get some 3mm foam wedges with the kit that an be packed behind the camera housing to change the angle slightly.
The wiring came wth 2 loops that when one is cut can change the oientation of the camera from left to right and the other one for up and down.

Thanks again, my camera should be here over the next few days. Hopefully mine comes with some wedges or else I'll have to try and fabricate my own.

Keen to see how it works out, not really keen to take my dash apart and run the wiring.

Nice set up tony d22
Could you pm me that mobile number for the seller?

That looks like a really good quality picture. Best ive seen for a mirror cam.

Not sure if I have his number anymore but his company is called Carvision.
His number used to be on the website along with every other form of contact, you should be able to contact him through there.
Just google it and it should be the top selection.
He has newer cameras which are better with more features.

His name is Zorance.

Latest posts

Back