Vic High Country-Wonnongatta Station

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnrsnav

Reaction score
Hey all,
Me and a mate are heading into Wonnongatta and surrounds early March. Entering via Mansfield and have a 200ish km loop to do over 4 days.
I have plenty of 4x4 experience in another car (patrol on 35s) but not a great deal in the Nav. It's well set up with lift,tyres,bar work,winch. Also have a canopy on the back which weighs in at 500kg.
Do you think the weight is too much?? I have done some small 4x4ing and it feels stable. Is the Nav up to the task? I'm not going rock crawling and I no its not like my patrol, I have built this truck as a tourer, and I'm not looking for big ruts ect just want to see the sights and cross what ever we come across to get to these places.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Well i hope u have heavy duty leaf springs!

Have seen a couple of dual cabs with bent chassis in there, one with a slide on camper and 1 towing a trailer.

Its a great place and ive taken my d22 through there plenty of times.

Well i hope u have heavy duty leaf springs!

Have seen a couple of dual cabs with bent chassis in there, one with a slide on camper and 1 towing a trailer.

Its a great place and ive taken my d22 through there plenty of times.

Yeah I have stayed away from air bags and have a set of constant 500kg Spring in the rear. Truck just sits bum heigh.

I reckon u should be right then just take it easy especially over the drainage mounds.

Of the 2 bent trucks, 1 had airbags, the other soft sagged factory leaves. Constant load is the way to go i think, by the way they were not navara's.

Latest posts

Back