EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harri3e

Reaction score
This post is essentially a collection of all images I found on here that are useful for performing the EGR/Butterfly mod as requested by some.

Attachments

• ZD30valves.jpg
    ZD30valves.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 43,624
  • solenoiddiagram.jpg
    solenoiddiagram.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 7,532
  • location.jpg
    location.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 17,092
  • topgasket.jpg
    topgasket.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 4,290
  • topplate.jpg
    topplate.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 4,141
and more....
enjoy....

Attachments

• TOPofEGRPIPEplacement.jpg
    TOPofEGRPIPEplacement.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 9,214
  • EGR MOD-Stock II.pdf
    133.2 KB · Views: 4,350
  • EGR MOD-Fin II.pdf
    149.3 KB · Views: 4,059
  • EGRpart1.jpg
    EGRpart1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 7,433
  • EGRpart2.jpg
    EGRpart2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7,332
very helpful but in the third picture do you have to block up just 1 or both 1 and 2?

you can put the blanking plate in at either 1 or 2, doesn't matter. I did on the inlet manifold (1).

i was struggling to see what was happening in the real picture but rally great view with the adobe pictures. this is a really good site keep up the good work:rock:

was just about to do it and know what to do with the vacuum pipes and say something about unplugging the solinoid or can you just change the vacuum pipes ?????

changing the vac pipes is the main thing (as well as blocking off the egr). disabling (pulling the plug) the swirl butterfly is an optional extra. some people do, some don't.

true so all i really need to do is block the inlet pipe with a bit of 2mm stainless plate and change the vacuum pipes

great thats alot eiser than i thought i got mixed up there some where but is all good now thanks for all the help mate :)

this mod is for the D40 engine? why does it needed to change the vacuum pipes. isn't the plate enough?

by the way...how can i get the drawing of the plate? thank's

yer i got the tools.

what kinda materials should i use? i know stainless is the best so far but thats hard for me to come across.

anything else i can use?

I did mine yesturday with a small plate of 2.5mm steel.

i've noticed the car is quieter with better throttle response and i even accelerated up a hill in 5th that i normally had to change down into 4th to climb. havent noticed too much change to getting off the line, but that may change as the carbon buildup burns off. overall it seems very similar but with many small differences that make it well worth while.

This mod is definitely recommended.

here are some pics i took after making the plate.

my plate & the standard EGR gasket.

blanking_plate_thickness_.JPG

EGR Gasket width

EGR_Gasket_-_side_on.JPG

EGR Gasket length

EGR_Gasket_-_length.JPG

My handy work - works great.

EGR_Gasket_blanking_plate.JPG

thankyou for this thread. it makes me understand the mod alot better. ill ive it a go, and if it dont work, ill call nrma, and say " i have nfi whats wrong with my ute " :p
any wires need to be changed? or is it just hoses? etc

Latest posts

Back