D22 3" staino exhaust rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dtwentytwo25

Reaction score
Hi guys so i have a 2006 3L D22. Installed a 3" inch turbo back straight through system yesterday and ive noticed a real loud rumbling noise under the car in 1st and 2nd gear. Can feel it too its like something is vibrating violently on chassis or something only does in 1st or 2nd, tried revving it in neutral but nothing. The exhaust was installed properly, brackets are in place and it doesnt move much so idk what it could possibly be hitting.

Ps. Exhuast is from ppd performance perth

Had a similar problem with mine when I fitted a 3 inch exhaust. Jump under the passenger's side and you will see a piece of heat shielding running along under the floor of the cab. There are spot welded bolts coming out of the bottom on the body with nuts on to hold that shielding on. If you run your hand along above the exhaust you will see the one closest to the end only has a few mm clearance. All I did was pull the section of exhaust along there out and use a grinder to cut the thread off flush with the bolt head. Haven't had any trouble since then and that was about 5 years ago now...

Its hitting somewhere. 99% probability of this with any 3" zorst. Get under there and have a squiz. Left rear shackle bolt is another common knocking point. Will have to trim a bolt, tweak a hanger, bash a dent in somewhere, loosen a bunch of exhaust flanges - realign and re-tighten, or any combination of the above.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back