Garage Mis-hap's or modding mis-hap's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the costs are high due maintenance and running costs but it always feels like your handing dollars over to someone. We've just spent over $2000 on maintenance for one shed and it doesn't even have any walls, mind you the crush, weigher and cattle race that it covers is worth a lot more than $2000 so it's maintenance worth doing. But despite it not having walls there is still no way the stories of F'ups and general shenanigans escapes it.

i was working on my old mans g60 patrol one day in the small shed which happens to house the switch board for the main shed. The Ute had been siting inactive for 18 months and i had just replaced the broken clutch master cylinder (which i broke trying to overhaul it) i had the lead light in there plugged in to the outlet on the switch board and just sat it out of the road on the bonnet catch. i got in and started it up to just check the clutch worked by driving couple inch's, but it was on a small slope and the breaks where the next thing on the list. It rolled out of the shed, i managed to pull it up but the lead light cord had ripped in half sounded like a gun shot followed by a high pitched buzz had to doge the burning cord and turn it off. found out that socket was spliced onto the main shed fuse (100+ amps) by my grandfather that why it didn't trip. So dodgy

Hmmm...ok...first post, still waiting for my D40 STX.

A few years ago I was installing shelves & cargo barrier in our xtrail. Hopped in the back & gently closed the back door to check the clearances. "click", the door shut. An hour or so later my wife happens to come in the shed & lets me out. Clearly very embarrassing. One year later......Pathfinder, cargo barrier, installing shelves...."click"......uh oh.:suicide2: HOURS later she comes to find out what's taking so long.......
When I get the D40 I'll be taking a phone in with me (& maybe food, water etc):big_smile:

John.

A couple of years ago i was building a very over-engineered camper trailer. While installing part of the tub I needed to lever a cross member slightly to insert a bolt. I thought a screwdriver would do the job so i got the biggest one within arms reach and away i went. Anyway, the bloody thing wouldn't move so i had to put a fair bit of pressure on it. Soon after that, snap went the screwdriver and the upper part of the screwdriver, which i was holding in my right hand, somehow ended up going thru the palm of my left hand.

Still to this day i have no idea how i was able to stab myself when my left hand was no where near my right.

It bloody hurt but i kept working cos to me it was only a flesh wound (as you do). The misses (nurse) came out to the garage to bother me about something and saw the screwdriver sticking thru my left palm. She began yelling at and calling me a fool. As if name calling that was going to fix anything. So off to hospital i go. No stitches just a bit of glue and a couple of bandages. When i got back home out to the garage i go to finish what i was doing only for the name calling to continue. Soon after, i went inside to grab a drink and she bloody locks the garage on me and hides the key. Domestic city here we come.

In hindsight she did me a favour cos about an hour after that the pain and throbbing was like nothing i had ever felt before. After another trip back to the hospital to get some pain killers i was fine.

I didn't touch the trailer for about a month.

Keeps me busy fixing the things my bosses break:thank_you2:

Ditto on that, if we were paying tradie rates to fix all the stuff a certain someone and his son broke on and around the farms there would be tradies around here retiring at the age of 25.

What would you like, praise, laughter, groans or videos of people filling barf bags?

what no comments on the accident pics

What happened ? Looks like you got in a punch up.

Merchant, I have heard similar stories in the Comm's industry.

BvQybQEGkKGrHqMOKjkEvOYsWMqGBMD1MTtm-g0_12.jpg

See the hook in the picture above, A guy left that bit open and pushed on the tool to terminate and the hook went into his palm. Shit that must have hurt.

KGrHqUOKkUE2ScTS4SBNmGCvIw_12.jpg

^ There is the terminating blocks.

At work one day. Just finished a full resto on a 50's Ford Mainline. Gave it a final polish, jumped in to go out the front to take some pics. Drove out and heard a bang in the cargo area. The apprentice had wrapped an air line aound the rear bumper to stop it from recoiling back into the roller. It had ripped the auto roller off the wall, steel air line and all. Scratched brand new paint off the rear quarter. Oops.

First week as an apprentice, boss told me to back a truck out of the workshop. I protested, Id never driven a truck before. He told me to harden up. I ended up hitting his HJ wagon show car. Smashed in the rear quarter and taillight.

Was working in a 4wd workshop. Fitted new shocks and springs to a Range Rover, while the padantic owner was watching over my shoulder. Finished the job and took it for a road test. Owner jumped in with me. Took it down a dirt track with heaps of corrogations in it. Good for testing shocks. Somehow managed to smash the front diff centre on a stump hidden in the long grass. Owner was not impressed. That one cost me heaps.

One time I was getting some steel collected by a pair of scrap guys. I had to lop the back off a chassis because I wanted to keep the back half. They lifted the chassis off the ground with the tilt tray for me, and I grabbed the grinder. I was doing the cut like you would with a chainsaw: a shallow cut at the bottom, followed by cutting the full depth from the top, so your saw doesn't jam and the branch doesn't split; so I cut one rail, no worries as it was supported by the other rail. Then I cut the bottom of the second rail with the grinder, then started at the top. As I was getting to the end of the cut and was preparing for the chassis to drop to the ground, genius scrap metal guy tries to be helpful and grabs the end of the chassis to support it. Rather than being smart and holding it at an angle so I can finish my cut in safety, he dragged it back up to level, and overbaked it, jamming the grinder disc hardcore and causing it to explode.

I was lucky and the bits of grinder disc missed all flesh, only hit my full face mask, but the guy copped an earful from me.

Latest posts

Back