Roof Drain Channels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiesterls

Reaction score
Has anyone else on this forum had a problem with the drain channels on there Nav roof rusting? I was only informed last week this is a common problem with the Nav's - something to do with how they weld the roof onto the side pillars..... Not something they will tell you about, but it is a warranty thing if it is within your warranty period, so I recommend people check their vehicles out sooner rather than later.
If this is already known, sorry for the repeat.

Cheers
Sterls

Re:Aussie Frontier

You will have to bare with me - I am new to this so not sure what I should or shouldn't be doing, but UI have just uploaded some pics into my garage I think.....

See if that is what you were after and let me know.

I actually cant even find your Garage lol
If you have the pics on your computer you can attach them in the post by clicking on the paperclip next to the smiley button in the top row of the text window .

Doesn't look like you have a garage Sterls, if you look on the right side of my post under "Joined, Posts, My Mood" you'll see a link to "Garage". I also have a direct link to my garage in my sig. If you have created a garage, it's privacy settings must be too high for us normal people to see!

This is what mine looks like now that Nissan says is scratched off

RIMG0935.jpg

RIMG0936.jpg

RIMG0938.jpg

2 Yr Old and not a happy camper....

The Smash/Paint repair guy that does the warranty stuff for the dealer said it was something about welding/sealing/painting in the production process that causes this.

Go figure....the rest of paint work holds up OK but apparently they want you to think this is your fault - NOT on my watch.

Forgot to mention, YES it is delaminating, something to do with not allowing part A to cure before part B, before part C and so on...
The Rust component is just a side effect on the above - and it is only surface rust

Yeah its just a painting issue
I have paint so thin you can see right thru it and as you can see mines peeling off as is the same on a few others . Nissan usually repairs that by respraying the roof however as I have stired up Nissan so much they have had PPG say I scratched it off .

Paint Flaking Off

I have the same paint problem ..It is flaking off in both roof channells and along the top if the wind screen. Off to have nissan look at it when they checK the rims.

What ages are your trucks?
What did Nissan say??

My Truck is an Dec 06 STX

When Nissan inspected mine they told me point blank it was something I had installed that had scratched the paint off. I looked at the guy and blatantly asked him how long he had been doing this job as he didnt know fork all about it.
Office of fair trading is your friend !

I had a clown Niss man sent to "assess" my paint on a 2000 pulsar refuse there was a problem. When I finally helped him see it he said, "You didn't buy a Rolls Royce" I told him he was a clown and asked him his direct supervisors name and ph number. Last time I spoke to that queer f@#k. They painted my roof and installed central locking for the insult.
NO it wasn't that easy......
They just play the numbers game.
How many people will notice, how many will claim, how many will just give up V's spending the money to fix it in the factory.
You paid for a vehicle "FIT for the purpose" and didn't get it.
They know they don't do it properly, and never will until it costs em more post sales than pre sales. IMO

2006 D40 did the same. Three years old and noticed spots appearing on roof, out of warranty! Had it privately resprayed for $400 and now good as gold. Shame all the other panels on my car are now peeling off :( Bad job from the start. When I went to ask a Toyota dealer the other day how much he would give me for the car you know what formed part of his inspection?? Yep, the roof. Even the Toyota people know about it, hahaha.

I have a warranty claim that has been approved for my Thai built to have the roof cleaned up and resprayed, along with two cracks in the paint on both sides where there is a join in the sill along the back door area. Booked in for June 5 at the painters.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back