D40 Roof Racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunni

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Looking for a bit of help fitting a set of genuine Nissan racks to my ST D40, the racks have a small locating pin on the clamp part of the rack, but there's no corresponding hole in the door sill of my ute. The racks were off an STX D40 so Im not sure if there should be holes or not. Really don't want to start bangin holes in my ute if i don't have to.
Any help would be great.

The ST is built in Thailand (the VIN will start with 'MNT') and there are differences between it and the STX, which is built in Spain (VIN starts with 'VSK').

If you don't have threaded holes in the top of the door sill (visible when you open the door, right in the middle as described by Biscuits) then you'll have to either put some holes there, or sell the rack and find another solution.

Thanks for the fead back guys, I thought that might be the case, racks were given to me and you know what they say, if it looks to good to be true it usually is!!
Anyone have a set of roof racks for an ST they might want to swap for an STX set??? lol

No worries, will try and post some pictures of them, more than welcome come take a look, if your close enough, I'm in the Penrith area.

Last edited:
How low are your underground car parks over there!!

I have roof racks, with an awning and a 2in lift and I get into most over here. I tend to stay away from anything under 2.2m... but I have only come across 1 or 2..

The one I have to park in regularly is 1.95m. Roof racks will be an option after I retire! Thankfully (in the greater scheme of things) that's not too far away.

Anybody no what size screws go in to the holes to hold racks on apparently Nissan doesn't have that information to give me.. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back