Fitting ST-X D23 mirrors to a ST D23

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malcolm

Reaction score
I have bought the mirrors from a 2015 ST-X for the indicators and folding, and tried installing them on my 2018 ST. I can see that my car has all the wiring that matches the mirror, but only the mirror adjustment works, and the RH mirror folds, neither of the indicators work. I also bought the drivers side door control for the folding mirror button.

I've even watched a tutorial for a Clearview mirror installation on YouTube that says the ST and ST-X both have the same wiring.

My model car is early 2018 just before they brought in the surround view which was mid 2018, but I do not think that'll affect anything.

I've tested the mirrors by both using a 12V battery and connecting the pins following the wiring diagram, and the indicators and folding does work. I've also swapped the pins on the mirror from the indicator to the mirror adjustment to see if it'll work from the power of the car, which it did, and the indicator would come on when I tried adjusting the mirror.

I'm not sure if there is a fuse missing or something, I couldn't find anything about it in the workshop manual, so it has me stumped.

I see there are 2 types on Ebay a 5 pin and a 7 pin which one did you buy ?
I would also like to upgrade to the STX mirrors with the Blinker and folding ,
Has any one else done this mod please share how you installed and activated the procedure
thanks

Last edited:
Looks like Malcolm was just passing by
And im still looking for a solution to install the STX Mirrors with blinkers into my ST,
Does the harness that is installed at the moment have the wires for the blinkers if not ,where is the best place to connect to
Must be some one on the Navara forum that has done this Mod ?

It could also be a programming thing through the BCM. I'm not sure on the navaras, but I know the au and ba Falcons had low and high level bcms. The low level was for the Falcons and the high level for fairmonts and fairlanes, etc.

If the navaras are a similar setup, the BCM may not be programmed for those functions. I believe to change the BCM you would have to change the ignition barrel and door locks, unless Nissan can program an stx BCM to the st ecu and ignition... What that would cost is anyone's guess...

Well i have them working , i ended up splicing into the side flashers and connecting directly to the Green wire into the mirror harness , and there working as they should .

Hi, sorry, I didn't get a notification that people have commented.
amber.2, did you get the folding feature working as well as the indicators? And do you have any photos of how you spliced the wires?

No I didn't worry about the folding feature as I don't have the STX door controls , I soldered onto the Green wire in the mirror plug and onto the active wire in the Mudguard blinker
I never took any picture of the connections ,

I ran the wire from the side blinker on the drivers side through the gap between the inner and outter guard near the door wiring harness , I had to use a cable tie to fix it on the out side and pushed a hole though the rubber boot to get the wire inside the door,
on the left is easier as the harness is behind the kick panel .and you can run the blinker wire from there ,

Thanks for your help amber.2 I did similar. But I got the folding mirrors to work also. For the indicators I ran two wires through the bonnet release grommet running one to each side indicators where I soldered them onto the white wire, and encased the wire in a loom and wrapped it in electrical tape, then ran them under the dash through to each door, then fed the wires through the door grommets and ran the wires along the existing wiring harness in each door up to the mirror.

But before I connected anything I modified the wires on each mirror before installing onto the car.

for the R/H mirror I stripped the "Fold open" and "Fold Close" wires and soldered on a 100mm length on cable with a female spade connection on each one. And I disconnected the green "RH Flasher" from the plug and made another 100mm length on cable with a female spade connection on one end, and a pin on the other, connected the pin to the wire and wrapped it in tape.

The L/H mirror was easier, I just disconnected the "Fold Open", "Fold Close" and the "Flasher" wires from the plug, and made a 100mm wire for each one, all with a female spade connection and a pin on each end.

So, once I modified the mirrors, I ran my loom of three different coloured wires through the RH door, through the door grommet (took me 20 minutes to get it through) and stopped at the bonnet release cable, just above the accelerator where I ran my Flasher wire through the bonnet release grommet and into the engine compartment, where I encased the wire in a loom and completely wrapped it in electrical tape, then ran it to the RH side indicator zip-tying it neatly along and out of the way. I then stripped the white wire on the side indicator and soldered on my wire.

I also added another flasher wire at this point, also passing it through the bonnet release cable, doing the same thing with it, but running it to the LH side indicator. Still stripping the white wire and soldering on my wire.

Then, back inside the car, I wrapped the LH Flasher wire and the remaining two wires from the RH door in electrical tape, then passing it over the pedals and under the dash to the LH door, I took out the glove box to help see. I dislodged the LH door grommet from both the door and car then fed my wiring harness through the hole of the car, then through the grommet and into the door (same as the RH side) running my harness along the pre existing harness in the door up to the mirror.

Once I had my harness through to both doors of the car, I crimped a male spade connection to all the wires in my harness then connected them to the wires I modified on the mirror, once I installed the mirrors.

Now all features of the mirror work, and I didn't need to pierce any grommets. For the wires I used 7.5A automotive and marine cables.

Thanks for your help amber.2 I did similar. But I got the folding mirrors to work also. For the indicators I ran two wires through the bonnet release grommet running one to each side indicators where I soldered them onto the white wire, and encased the wire in a loom and wrapped it in electrical tape, then ran them under the dash through to each door, then fed the wires through the door grommets and ran the wires along the existing wiring harness in each door up to the mirror.

But before I connected anything I modified the wires on each mirror before installing onto the car.

for the R/H mirror I stripped the "Fold open" and "Fold Close" wires and soldered on a 100mm length on cable with a female spade connection on each one. And I disconnected the green "RH Flasher" from the plug and made another 100mm length on cable with a female spade connection on one end, and a pin on the other, connected the pin to the wire and wrapped it in tape.

The L/H mirror was easier, I just disconnected the "Fold Open", "Fold Close" and the "Flasher" wires from the plug, and made a 100mm wire for each one, all with a female spade connection and a pin on each end.

So, once I modified the mirrors, I ran my loom of three different coloured wires through the RH door, through the door grommet (took me 20 minutes to get it through) and stopped at the bonnet release cable, just above the accelerator where I ran my Flasher wire through the bonnet release grommet and into the engine compartment, where I encased the wire in a loom and completely wrapped it in electrical tape, then ran it to the RH side indicator zip-tying it neatly along and out of the way. I then stripped the white wire on the side indicator and soldered on my wire.

I also added another flasher wire at this point, also passing it through the bonnet release cable, doing the same thing with it, but running it to the LH side indicator. Still stripping the white wire and soldering on my wire.

Then, back inside the car, I wrapped the LH Flasher wire and the remaining two wires from the RH door in electrical tape, then passing it over the pedals and under the dash to the LH door, I took out the glove box to help see. I dislodged the LH door grommet from both the door and car then fed my wiring harness through the hole of the car, then through the grommet and into the door (same as the RH side) running my harness along the pre existing harness in the door up to the mirror.

Once I had my harness through to both doors of the car, I crimped a male spade connection to all the wires in my harness then connected them to the wires I modified on the mirror, once I installed the mirrors.

Now all features of the mirror work, and I didn't need to pierce any grommets. For the wires I used 7.5A automotive and marine cables.
Hey mate will you be able to upload some pictures?

Latest posts

Back