Navara yd25 reving issue.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal

Reaction score
Hi guy today I went 4wding car was running amazing. And on the way home it started feeling a bit gutless, I did flog her a bit up bush but, my question is around 1700rpm to 2500rpm there is a loss of power and if I kept a steady throttle in that rev range the car would rev then back off and then rev again. Around hwy speeds the car was running normal and boost pressures were normal. I am thinking a. Air flow sensor b. Injectors or c. Timing chain
Car has only done 96000km yd25 d22 navara. Really disappoint because I don't have any idea what happend and we had a great day out.

At a guess i would say giving it a workout has stired up some gunk in the tank and its now making the scv stick. Run some cleaner through it or pull the scv and clean. Should sort it. Lots of threads on here about it

yea i would start by replacing the fuel filter and checking the condition of the air filter while spraying the MAF with some contant cleaner. if that fails, you can go deeper into this like SCV as suggested. also what gears did this happen, 3rd and 4th mainly?

It happens in 2,3,4,5 down around once you shift around 2000rpm, then the turbo kicks In and the strange reving goes away. Also when I shit and then put my foot back on the accelerator it would jolt. Like it was confused.

I’ve got a 2014 d22 with the YD25. I recently installed a Engine data scan unit. A couple days later I was just driving and instantly lost power and feels as thought it’s in limp mode. The code that come up was p1272. I’ve searched it says it’s a air/ fuel ratio sensor. Can anyone help or add to how this would have happened. Is it hard to change this sensor etc?

The car only has 67 thousand on it.

Last edited:
I’ve got a 2014 d22 with the YD25. I recently installed a Engine data scan unit. A couple days later I was just driving and instantly lost power and feels as thought it’s in limp mode. The code that come up was p1272. I’ve searched it says it’s a air/ fuel ratio sensor. Can anyone help or add to how this would have happened. Is it hard to change this sensor etc?

The car only has 67 thousand on it.

thats petrol code.
i would conform manually that its the right code. sounds like you have a petrol code reader not a diesel code reader.

1272 is fuel pressure valve.

possible cause (from the manual)
Harness or connectors
(Fuel pump circuit is open or shorted.)
• Fuel pump
• Fuel rail pressure sensor
• Air mixed with fuel
• Lack of fuel

So I parked the car for about 2-3 hours came back and the fault was gone and power was back? Feeling as thou it is or was a bug in the ecu. So now I’m even more confused than I was originally

Last edited:
run it, see how it goes.
just check hose and filter connections. if its sucking air in that upsets fuel pressure.
sometimes if you get dirty fuel the fuel pressure change is quicker than the ecu can adapt to it.
if you do a fuel filter change reset the injection pump fuel data.

Latest posts

Back