Trustworthy Mechanics.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Good Thread.

My mechanic is L&D Automotive at Kelvin Grove (bris) I have known the guys for years and trust them without question, they must have done dozens of services and stuff for me over the years, never been an issue.

Ph 3352 6633

Last edited:
My brother-in-law up in Toowoomba is a top bloke and a great mechanic, he and his brother just opend a workshop, he always did my work when I lived in Toowoomba last time will track down his addy and phone during the week

I use Steve Sorrensen at Browns Plains, have done for years with our Commodores and now the Nav.

Had the Nav in a few months ago for the 100 000 k service, and the timing belt was done at the same time. 2 weeks ago noticed an oil leak, which I suggested was coming from one of the camshaft, or crankshaft seal.

Steve took it apart again yesterday, (major effort to get to the engine block), found it was the crankshaft seal, and did the whole job as "warranty". He said, it probably should have been changed when the belt kit went in, but because it wasn't, we don't pay for it.

Thats service, top bloke.

Last edited:
I get my work done by MV Auto at Acacia Ridge, Mark and Mick both own D40 Navaras and are very reasonably priced, knowledgeable and reliable.

I use Steve Sorrensen at Browns Plains, have done for years with our Commodores and now the Nav.

Had the Nav in a few months ago for the 100 000 k service, and the timing belt was done at the same time. 2 weeks ago noticed an oil leak, which I suggested was coming from one of the camshaft, or crankshaft seal.

Steve took it apart again yesterday, (major effort to get to the engine block), found it was the crankshaft seal, and did the whole job as "warranty". He said, it probably should have been changed when the belt kit went in, but because it wasn't, we don't pay for it.

Thats service, top bloke.[/QUOTE

Where is this bloke located in browns plains???

I use Marco at southern districts in browns plains on tradelink rd. Would recommend him he does top work at dam good price.

H D Mechanical in Childers is a petty good bloke

Rocky Steering Service in Rockhampton is also good, they do all mechanical not just steering.

Mitch

Radiator and cooling systems

Slacks Creek Radiators
40 Moss St

Not the cheapest or most expensive. But good service and good advice. Bloke was happy to show me stuff on my ute while getting fixed and he fit me in on a Saturday morning when he was already very busy.

The camping shop next door was a good spot for a lok while my radiator was being flushed.

4x4 Wreckers Archerfield has a silver D22 2006 ish they are wrecking. Still heaps of gear on it for people needing parts (minus the RHS rear wheel arch)

Can anyone recommend a decent mechanic in the Moss st slacks creek area? I was taking the D22 to Highway Nissan seeing as that's where I bought it and it was easier for warranty work. But they've since handed back their Nissan license so I may as well go somewhere cheaper.

Got my 20k service coming up soon.

WM Motorsports - Warren Malloy,
located at: 4/3 Belconnen Crescent,
Brendale, QLD. 4500
Phone: 0417 711 426 or (07) 3205 1951

This guy was recommended to me when I was researching / buying my D22. He gave me a lot of time telling the various things and what to look for..... He races Patrols as well and have only heard good things about him..... even though I personally haven't used him

Latest posts

Back