YD25DDTi Big End Bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyrobertson

Reaction score
Guys,

My D22 only has 43,000 miles on the clock and I have absolutely no running issues at all, but I thought i would have my big end bearing changed as preventative maintenance just incase.

The good news is it looks like I caught it in time, so my advice to all running a YD25DDTi engine would be seriously consider changing them before its to late.

The pictures say it all.......

Attachments

• d133-120610-001.jpg
    d133-120610-001.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 252
  • d133-120610-002.jpg
    d133-120610-002.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 294
I'm no mechanic but what's the issue with the big end bearings. My d22 only has 50000 on it AMD no issues with it. I know the other d22 in Europe etc have a issue with the motor that cause them to lock up.

Rusty

Guys,

My D22 only has 43,000 miles on the clock and I have absolutely no running issues at all, but I thought i would have my big end bearing changed as preventative maintenance just incase.

The good news is it looks like I caught it in time, so my advice to all running a YD25DDTi engine would be seriously consider changing them before its to late.

Australia never got that version of the YD25 and NewZealand only got it in the 2WD.

Guys,

So whats wrong with those shells??????

They still show the original babbit top overlay coating..

Look at the second pic kramkin, the lead tin overlay has completely worn away an the shell itself looks to be cavitated, time for glasses mate :wristy:

Look at the second pic kramkin, the lead tin overlay has completely worn away an the shell itself looks to be cavitated, time for glasses mate :wristy:

The pics dont enlarge too much on this phone ya wank...so i was putting the question out there..so you reckon its worn down past the copper layer to the steel backing...
and get a lesson in spelling you dislexic prick

Krankin said:
The pics dont enlarge too much on this phone ya wank...so i was putting the question out there..so you reckon its worn down past the copper layer to the steel backing...
and get a lesson in spelling you dislexic prick

Like.
We definately need a like button

Back on topic

Those shells do look stuffed. But I notice on the OP 's signature that there has been engine upgrades - maybe they contributed to the early demise?

So what was done & how hard was it driven afterwards?

also, if you look at his signature it is a 2004 model and his location says scotland. as far as i was aware these were the non common rail 2.5l models?

So your phone enlarges enough to see that the original coating is still present? but not enough to see the cavitation ? As for whether it's worn down to the copper I'm not too sure, I've only had experience with cat engines and their bearings are constructed from aluminum with a lead/tin overlay. Does anyone know the composition of these Nissan bearings?

Oh, and kramkin when you go down the shops to get your glasses, maybe grab some blood pressure pill and something to rid your vagina of all that sand

Latest posts

Back