spare key quotes $$$$$

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTFABWORX

Reaction score
hey guys just got a quote for a spare key for my d40, got quoted $140 for a key without buttons then a quote from the same bloke $380 with buttons i told him he was dreaming and he reckons he was the cheapest then went on to say nissan charge $750 for a set of 2 keys . whats everyone else paid

buy em off ebay... they are genuine cost a pittance and if you get it cut urself and it will only cost around 50 for nissan to program it

Buy the blank off ebay Australia for about $20 and remote off ebay UK for about $40, put the two together and get it programmed. The downside is that you'll probably have to rely on Nissan to program it as any coding methods on the net seem to be bogus for the Nav's.

Any key cutter can cut the key for a few bucks but according to threads about 12 months ago the actual programming only was about $140 from Nissan.

is it like holden where you can go to a locksmiths and they can program it for you? i took my old commonwhore key to a locksmith and got a genuine replacement at a fraction of the cost. This is the first car i have owned that i actually have both original keys, and one without the fob that goes into my legrope when i go surfing...

Not according to other posts on this forum and posts on the UK forum. I haven't tried it myself but people have reported that only Nissan can do the programming. There is reports of plenty of other car makes being able to be programmed by locksmiths and some even programmed by a sequence from the drivers seat (like the auto window function) but as far as I have seen all threads on Nissans refer the owners back to the dealership for programming.

cheers fellas will let yous know what i do and post it up prices for everyone to see

my local locksmith says he can supply and program for around $120 or so. Terry 0410494006.

... without the fob that goes into my legrope when i go surfing...

I watched one of my drug-f*#ked stuff his remote key into his leg rope, then proceed towards the water - we took pity & pointed out his mistake, but only cause we didn't have room to give him a lift home :rofl2:

Sorry, back on topic!

You need access to Nissan Australia mainframe to be able to program
The key.

I watched one of my drug-f*#ked stuff his remote key into his leg rope, then proceed towards the water - we took pity & pointed out his mistake, but only cause we didn't have room to give him a lift home :rofl2:

Sorry, back on topic!

Hahahahaha, well i guess they are water resistant to a certain extent... But i wouldnt be doing that.

Hi all I went to locksmith to day he said yep can cut spare key with no remote
but but when he programed it would not start the car so no charge

so went to Nissan and spent $430.00 not happy But what can you do

I don't think they'd be able to do it ever. You need dealer access to Nissan systems to be able to retrieve the encrypted code for the vehicle

The guy from YD25.com.au does Nissan keys, he needs the BCM which pretty much means you need to be local to him but he does do them.

Still lot cheaper than one D40 key......least u can have a whole vehicle for less than the price of one key

Latest posts

Back