Another D40 timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 grand for the solid gold timing chain and 7 grand for the expert Nissan labour, it's all listed on the genuine dealership price list as parts so people think they are getting a bargain on the labour price.

Yep, the labour charge is up to around
$2800, they know how not to be
Santa. Here's hoping Nissan will look
after the job. If not will be looking at
getting rid of the Navara as is.
A new donk would probably work out
cheaper.

Only glanced at the parts list.
The motor was making a ticking sound.
Sure was a time bomb.

Yeah but the Repco double row kit is heaps cheaper. In guessing labour to get this done at a non Nissan mechanic will be around the 1k mark?

Yeah but the Repco double row kit is heaps cheaper. In guessing labour to get this done at a non Nissan mechanic will be around the 1k mark?
is the repco one double row on both chains???
I think you have to remove the vac pump also with the repco unit

I know there is a kit with both double row chains. I have no idea whats involved with the vac pump. Whats the difference with the yd25 kit I wonder???

contact yd25 for current pricing it cost my week end of labour and i took my time to fit it and im no mechanic so paul gave me a bit of over the phone service and instrucions great back up service top bloke

Last edited:
Instill at a loss as to why the repco kit would require vacuum pump removal and the yd25 kit does not. Arnt they both the same thing with double chains, sprockets and tensioners?
I need to keep trying to answer this as theres a huge price difference.
I also have no idea what the vacuum pump is though or why it would require removal.
Am I missing something or do I need education on it.

12k ouch,but gues nissan are quoting for head,cam,alves,chain/sprockets/tensioners etc,mabe pistons,oil,antifreeze,gaskets etc + there labour all because they used knicker elastic for a timming chain,on www.nissan-navara.net few of the v6 tdis going tits up at low milage!

The yd25 kit has bolt on sprockets unlike the other kits

Instill at a loss as to why the repco kit would require vacuum pump removal and the yd25 kit does not. Arnt they both the same thing with double chains, sprockets and tensioners?
I need to keep trying to answer this as theres a huge price difference.
I also have no idea what the vacuum pump is though or why it would require removal.
Am I missing something or do I need education on it.

Hi
have a read of this it might clear things up.

www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=14405

Over the last months we have had several workshops call us with customers having broken bottom chains.

There is usually 2 to 6 valves bent also valve guides need replacing the heads can be repaired, some cases cams are broken, piston damage occurs however the pistons are tough as the top piston ring grove is iron not aluminium as the rest of the piston ring groves are. Repair cost will vary as to the damage however with our kit included you can expect to fork out 6 grand to have your engine repaired.

If you have an engine failure than have the workshop call me, I have done this work many times and I an happy to point the workshop in the right direction to do the job saving you $$$$$

Feel free to call and I will give advice as to how to diagnose the fault. It is better to be informed and armed with good information than to think it won’t happen to me.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with timing chains, BUT can everyone take 2min and fill out the "MUSTER" Questionnaire to help the committee organise an event that we will all want to attend.

So far they only have 11 members that have done it, i know we can get more then that.

Here is a link to the Questionnaire

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=16963

Thanks Guys

...............................................................................................

Nothing to do with timing chains, BUT can everyone take 2min and fill out the "MUSTER" Questionnaire to help the committee organise an event that we will all want to attend.

So far they only have 11 members that have done it, i know we can get more then that.

Here is a link to the Questionnaire

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=16963

Thanks Guys

...............................................................................................

Already done :)

Maybe we would organise a Nissan pit crew to change out timing chains at the next muster?

Latest posts

Back