spare key quotes $$$$$

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you can have a D40 for less than the price of Jumbo jet but that doesn't make the jumbo jet any less viable.

Hi Gents
Paul her form yd25.com.au We can do genuine keys for d40 r51. We require the bcm alpha numeric identifier example 6C38B. This number is on a white label in a rectangular grid attached to the bcm. [The bcm is a black box 10cm x 15cm with 3 cables entering it. It is located above the gearbox tunnel on the drivers side. ] Please send us the bcm number and we will check to see if we can decode it. Once the bcm number is decoded the vehicle is required as the key reader programs the key via coding form the NATS nissan anti theft system. Cheers

And you can have a D40 for less than the price of Jumbo jet but that doesn't make the jumbo jet any less viable.

well, its at least somewhat affordable to fuel that thirsty D40 beast...but you wouldnt even get a cough outa those 4 GE's on the jumbo with 80 ltrs.

had a quick skim through and didnt see it mentioned.
i just went through this exercise last year and got away with it for under $100.

1. hop on ebay, a guy in the UK will sell the blank key + chip. from memory it was like $20-25 (including delivery)
2. get your local locksmith to cut ~$20
3. get nissan to code ~$60

it's a PITA, but anyone charging more than that is clearly ripping you off.

Last edited:
I've brought that method up a few times in the multiple threads this topic has spawned but no one's been able to confirm costs.

Those costs have confirmed exactly the methods people should be asking about, well done Eug

no worries krafty, i think i may have seen you post it before (might have been another thread) so i didn't bother posting.

anyway the ebay seller is "john111111john" he has increased his pricing since i last purchased, but make him a reasonable offer and he'll usually accept it. currently at $27 + $9 postage.

item link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-UNCU...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebf50a701

coding my spare key cost me $56.75 from nissan.

That's not bad, I think when I first found the keys they were about $23, but back then people were quoting $170 for the programming by Nissan so $56 is definitely an improvement.

thanks for letting me know this as last weekend i lost my keys. this also included the fuel key and they only gave me one of them but should be able to pick up another cap easily.

already bought the key of that guy from ebay.

do you just go to your local nissan dealer for the key to be programmed or somewhere else?? i'm sure when he quoted me over $300 today at least $150 was for programming.

Word is there aren't too many alternatives when it comes to the programming so your local dealer might be the best choice and it appears all dealers charge a different price.

i see. i will ring around. just paid 470 for my 20k service at city nissan sydney, seems over the top to me.

Unfortunately for Nissan that price isn't over the top, for what they actually do it is but none of them actually have to justify what they do or what they are worth.

$470 is over prices should be nominee than $454.00 what model is it?

Standard warranty it doesn't automatically void providing the job is done to what Nissan say is needed and most places who offer log book servicing know to read the service book, Extended warranties are different and you'd have to read the terms and conditions to know what covered you.

We can cut and program keys while you weight. Brisbane workshop only as we need the vehicle to do the job. 125 + gst cash only price yd25.com.au

Latest posts

Back