Timing Chain Rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07nav

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about the dreaded timing chain issues in the navara.

I have read through the countless threads however this is my first diesel car and am unsure about a few things.

The car has approx 150,000ks on it and im wondering if the timing chain is rattling.

Is there anywhere in the enine where I should listen for the noise?

It doesnt rattle on boost however off boost it sounds rattly but that may just be the diesel engine.

I want to find out if there is in fact an issue with the car or am i just being paranoid.

Thanks

Prolly just paranoid..

timing chain is at the front of the engine behind the timing cover.

it's at the front of the engine it will sound like loose motor bike chain slapping, as for the rattley noise it's just injectors mines started at about 20000ks it's now on 150000ks and it's still going fine just take it to the dealer they will know straight away if it's timing chain or not. cheers

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about the dreaded timing chain issues in the navara.

I have read through the countless threads however this is my first diesel car and am unsure about a few things.

The car has approx 150,000ks on it and im wondering if the timing chain is rattling.

Is there anywhere in the enine where I should listen for the noise?

It doesnt rattle on boost however off boost it sounds rattly but that may just be the diesel engine.

I want to find out if there is in fact an issue with the car or am i just being paranoid.

Thanks
have a look at this post http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=14405 if it is yd25 at 150,000 kms than there will be wear to the primary guide and the chain. take the sump off [the black bottom sump with the 10 mm bolts ] and check to see if there is plastic guides bits and ground aluminum in the bottom of sump and oil pick up strainer. check this asap do not delay if the chain brakes than the cylinder head and pistons are damaged and in most cases requiring replacement. cheers

Latest posts

Back