D40 Diesel 2.5 Timing Chains

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just driopped my car off at nissan for a service. i asked them to check the timing chain, the service dept say if there is an issue with the timing chain lights come on the dash?

im sure when the chain lets go and destroys all the inlet and outlet vaulves not to mentoin possably putting a big dent from inside to out in the side of crank case depending on revs at time of failure that a light would come on in dash , come on nissan if there is a problem you know about do a recall and fix the problem, also this thread only mentions the yd25 in d40 isnt the yd25 in the d22 the same moter with a different computer program

Bloke down the rode from me has his 2.5d22 in nissan atm for timing chain fault. its 18mnths old so there is a problem of sorts. how common it is is hard to decifer as everyone has a secondhand story myself included. he said you could tell something went wrong said it started rattling extremly loud. has 80000km for anyone interested

Bloke down the rode from me has his 2.5d22 in nissan atm for timing chain fault. its 18mnths old so there is a problem of sorts. how common it is is hard to decifer as everyone has a secondhand story myself included. he said you could tell something went wrong said it started rattling extremly loud. has 80000km for anyone interested

Bet that noise/rattling was tensioner failure.

Bet that noise/rattling was tensioner failure.

To be honest i dont know i havent talked to him yet he is my cousins boss and my cousin told me not him. I will go have a talk to him in a few days when he gets it back to find out but

Latest posts

Back