Hi Gents I am new to the foram

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yd25

Reaction score
Paul here form YD25. I am new to the forum. It is interesting reading some of the threads. I had a few old v8 308 351 ect. But that was many years ago. Had a rx4 extended port running on propane many years ago as well, heaps of noise and revs, but no torque. Gas was 23 cpl then. I now appreciate engines with torque. These modern common rail diesels have torque especially the D40.
I have had few years experience working with diesel powered equipment.
A number of years ago I developed a lpg systems to run on a PC Caterpillar dozer and a air cooled Deutz. Both are still working today. Have the scan tools to plug into these new diesel engine systems. It is interesting what shows up, for example the yd25 fuel rail pressure at idle is 30mpa, at 4000 rpm it is 100mpa. At 4000 rpm the pump is 3.3 times harder to turn than at idle, and pump is turning 5.3 times faster than idle. So 3.3 x 5.3 = 17. What this means is at 4000 rpm that the primary pump timing chain is wearing out 17 times faster than at idle. I am situated next to the Brisbane airport.
I do work on the D22 D40 R51 and are happy to share some of the things that I have learned. I have a few Navara’s. The oldest D40 I have has over 200K kms and still goes well. I am across the timing chain and duel mass flywheel clutch issues.
Well that’s enough for now Cheers

Welcome to the forums Paul.

Apparently sharing is caring (so the missus tells me) so I'm sure we'd all be happy to share any anything you've learnt as we'd be happy to share with you what we have learnt.

Oh what a touchy feely welcome, I hope you feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Welcome Paul (yd25),
Hoping you enjoy your time here and share your knowledge with us of lesser diesel know-how ;-)

I would be keen to hear/read your thoughts on the longevity of the disc brakes, dual mass clutch and the EGR blocking mod.

Thanks for the welcome gents

Thanks for the welcome gents

krafty had a look at your site interesting probably will have a chat to you about seo

grasshopper disk brakes They do seem to wear as most people do not use the engine to brake. I down change gears whether in auto or manual using the engine to slow down. egr I have blanked this off on d40 however when it is driven hard for 5 minutes i found the check engine light on. the scan tool showed egr sensor P codes . a pressure gauge showed 20 psi boost. I drilled a small hole in the blanking plate and this stopped the P codes being recorded. Have done d22 yd25 solid blanking plate seems not to register any egr P codes. Makes a big difference in getup and go.

scottybobcat 5.7 ltr v8 350 cid in the old money cant tell form the small photo is this American diesel of petrol, must fly, should have torque down low.
Cheers

G, day yd25,

Welcome aboard,fear no beer. If you attend any of the Navara outings or musters over the next few years, please remember, the only stick you should have in your hand is "Low range" .

PS, enjoy the forum Paul!

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

Latest posts

Back