Torsion bar change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When folks mention fatigue...do they mean a crack has been initiated or do they mean the stresses have started to exceed the endurance limit...or are they using the word fatigue in the incorrect context ?

I couldnt think of the correct word. Stress limit is correct. Remembering the bolts do heat up when being undone and done up aswell.

Rusty

I think fatigue was an issue at the time of the post the car was at least 10yrs old and you dont know its life till then, not to mention thats 10yrs of constant tention so i think fatigue was the correct term.
When i re-vamped my suspention to a Tough Dog 2" lift i broke my TB reciever on the passenger side, after installing it all i drove about 5k`s then BANG passenger side dropped, i limped home and checked underneith and the TB was sitting outside the reciever.
What i had done was not fully inserted the TB in the reciever and stripped the splines, ran down the road about 2hrs to the nearest wreckers and bought a new one for about $25, guy told me they are a sought after unit so it sounds like it has happen a few times.
So just be cautious guys when dealing with anything under tention, can be hazardous to ones health.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back