Vibration after fitting Ironman 40mm lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadnode

Reaction score
So I finally got around to replacing my stock suspension with Ironman Performance 40mm lift + greasable shackles. (no torsion bars)

I had 160000kms on the clock so was well due but I cant say the improvement is as great as expected onroad, but that's more due to me not really carrying load(except for the boat). Definite improvement offroad however, handles the big bumps and dips much nicer when heading out camping.

The peculiar thing is that I feel a strange vibration now when accelerating hard, midway through second gear(noticeable loss of power at the same time). My guess is that the driveshaft uni has been wearing in at the stock angle for all it's life and now I've put that angle out its not happy. As for only happening in second, I guess it endures the most amount or torque/power at that point?

Thought it might settle in time but it's been over a month now and no change. Anyone else know of this being an issue or any other thoughts?

I plan to drop into Ironman when I get a spare moment to see what they think but in the interim I thought I'd check here. Appreciate any comments...

I have the same problem after fitting tough dog lift all tho i get vibration in top gear driving me made have tried a spacer and wedges no difference let me no if you have any luck

lift vibration

I have the same problem after fitting tough dog lift all tho i get vibration in top gear driving me made have tried a spacer and wedges no difference let me no if you have any luck
Guys I was advised an issue with the lifted rear is it does cause a vibration, apparently the fix is to pitch the rear axle slightly with a shim.
One of the members on this forum experienced the same symptoms.
I will try and find his forum name and post it..

Pat S

Members name is robmacca send him a PM to explain in better detail........

Last edited:
A caster wedge will realign it, but the centre bearing does wear. I drove 150 kms to get home with it flopping around like a pair of saggy old tits. It can fail without warning at the drop of a hat.

Latest posts

Back