CHIP Vs tune Vs Chip and Tune

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, some operators do a run showing Nm of torque, then others show tractive effort (just N). This is where people get confused. There is also no easy way to convert tractive effort (N) to Nm. The dyno really needs to be run in Nm to keep things equal.

That is what Milkman was showing on his dyno printout and why the results looked so good...

More likely tyre size and gear ratios were not accounted for, along with a million other things. Sorry John, (and others) but im not seeing getting nearly 2x the output from tune and exhaust alone. Even going from a mustang to a dyno dynamics can be a difference of up to 20% all else being equal let alone the parameters set by the opreator.

Yeah it’s a deceptive thing no doubt, all I know is my bloke used the same dyno and his preferred reading was simply horsepower. He would do the run in 4th as it’s as close to 1:1 ratio as possible. Only difference between the before and after runs was the temperature and humidity. I’d never play around with all this stuff again, better to get something that has the grunt you want directly from the factory. Once these tuners have the software $1000 is easy money for whatever gain they claim.

Hey guys, cheers for all the information and opinions! I think I'll put the chip on the back burners for now, think I'll leave it at a 2.5 or 3inch dump and exhaust and that is about it.
It pulls like a horse already and pretty happy for a 2.5 still can over take on hills was just looking for that Tiny bit more as everyone does !
Thanks again team!

More likely tyre size and gear ratios were not accounted for, along with a million other things. Sorry John, (and others) but im not seeing getting nearly 2x the output from tune and exhaust alone. Even going from a mustang to a dyno dynamics can be a difference of up to 20% all else being equal let alone the parameters set by the opreator.
I mentioned it in Milkman's thread at the time. The dyno printout he posted clearly had N, not Nm. A small difference may be attributed to tyre size and diff ratios, but a huge difference like he had, I would not say is a programming error or trying to be dodgy giving high readings by adjusting settings.

I am not saying it isn't possible to have a d22 with that much torque, but 1100Nm odd at the wheels is pretty much not going to happen just by changing the turbo.

I must be losing the plot haha. I'm sure I replied to that thread. Oh well, must be thinking of something else.

Latest posts

Back