Static in radio when indicator or light bar turned on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchaffey

Reaction score
Can anyone help I have static in the radio whenever my light bar bar is on or indicators

Its a d22 thing.
ive never noticed the indicators do it but i cant listen to the radio if im driving along with my driving lights on.
Have heard other reports of the same.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

No issues with mine and I have 2 Chinese light bars and 4 hid spotties. It depends how well shielded they are. Do you get interference on am and fm?

If you have LEDs for bullbar indicators they may be causing the same problem as the light bar...

Last edited:
me too, just with the light bar on AM... plus alot of engine noise through my amp too...

Normally engine noise is caused by bad earthing. It wouldn't hurt to add an earth strap or 2 between the body and chassis. Clean both contact points back to bare metal and repaint afterwards to prevent rust.

That may also help with the interference from the light bar.

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

I haven't tried on am but FM defiantly does. The indicators are just the factory ones. Apparently you can get a radio interference silencer that plugs in the back of the radio so I might look into that

Latest posts

Back