d22 compact dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
After fitting a safari snorkle on purchase of my 22 i lost the front tray due to the huge intake tube as per attached pic i rewired the starter battery and fitted a 710cca 155rc century battery.

The aux battery i placed in the tub like us all but it was always a pain when loaded so i looked for other ideas, under the tub possible but hard work and only a small capacity battery.

I decided to look at slimline agm batteries they are 100% safe in caravans and cars as they do not give out any gas on charge and can be placed on any angle even upside down.

This is what i came up with slimline agm fitted behind the rear seats of the 22 d/c battery is 500mm long 120mm wide 240mm high,120amp hour.

As you will see in the pic's if fits great in a wasted space it would be possible to relocate the jack and fit two if you needed the capacity.

After all this i decided to fill in that wasted space in the dash that fits cards the solution duel volt meters all was done safely circuit breakers front and rear waterproof sockets on bullbar and tub also rewired internal socket all double fused.

Hope this is of help to you all as it has worked so well for a long time for me if anybody else needs to free up some space here you go.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 963
  • IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,202
Hi all
I'm new to the forum and have ran into the same problem after fitting a snorkel to my D22 I can't fit the secondary battery in the engine bay :(
Has anyone tried a custom job to fit?

Cheers

Welcome mate to the forum there is nothing that's easy to move without heaps of work depending on the type of snorkle you have i think the largest battery i could fit was 60ahr and it was a special order and crazy price and would of wedged into that tray and rubbed on everything.Bit of an old thread but unless you go to the tub a battery that small will struggle with a fridge and lights the airtec tjm and nissan snorkles are restrictive when you get it going better hence the tiny tube my tuner said most lose power apon fitment of these anyway unless you can bend or twist anything that's where you are at.
Cheers John

I am getting the usual 14.4 at the battery without load out of interest the ctec ect and other dc/dc chargers what voltage do they provide to the battery?,10mins of idle in the morning recovers it after the engel and lights have run over 24hrs.

Little confused on your question(if there was one). I had my deep cycle up to 14.7 from the ctek which was bizarre as ive never seen it passed 14.4v. Even though the vattery may say 14.4v doesnt mean sits fully charged. It just means its at that stage of the charging cycle which would be putting the most charge in.

I can start my car and aboyt 20seconds later the deep ctek has already got the deep cycle at 14.4v

Ok Rusty i was going to update from the basic redarc to a dc/dc purely for the solar input and i thought that they would belt more charge into the agm as it's working well i will leave it alone.

John
First up, brilliant idea.
Don't suppose you know the brand and model of the battery as it would be an ideal solution for me? Thanks

John
First up, brilliant idea.
Don't suppose you know the brand and model of the battery as it would be an ideal solution for me? Thanks
Thanks Glen it's a Giant Power FT 12v 120am the beginning of the thread has the suppliers details and the dimensions of it the do free postage as well the FT stands for front terminal.
Feel free to pm me if there is anything else i can help with cheers.
John

John
I noticed today they have a 165ah version. Same length and width but 50mm higher. Did you consider this model? Was it too tall? Thanks again

Latest posts

Back