Stereo wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be 14 pin's.

I am assuming the other 2 are guides.

Might be 16 pins though.

Not knowing much about stereo's i thought it was 16, but upon further inspection they are just guides Dave, so its 14 pins.

I emailed Aerpro and they told me to get the APP8PIO5 not the APP8PIO. So you were close. :D

Brett

hi guys I just installed a new head unit into my D40 and i lost my tail and dash lights and my fuses are all good. Any ideas been to a few auto electricians without any luck

Did you cut the harness ?

Old Tony or Krafty maybe able to help you with the D40 wiring. What model and age ?

Not knowing much about stereo's i thought it was 16, but upon further inspection they are just guides Dave, so its 14 pins.

I emailed Aerpro and they told me to get the APP8PIO5 not the APP8PIO. So you were close. :D

Brett

1 digit off. Not bad.

I remember reading Pioneer changed the plug. So makes sense.

I seem to remember the dash and tail light problem mentioned somewhere hear before but I don't remember if it was a d22 or a D40 problem. I'll have a think and see if I can remember what the topic was, maybe it was a generic D40 stereo issue and therefore in the D40 section.

That's cause us sophisticated people use big words :ha:

I've got a terrible memory for things like this, I know it's been an issue with some D22 owners but it sounds familiar enough that it may be something I also remember seeing in the D40 section. Tony's got a better memory than I have for this stuff he might know of something.

What speakers are people running in the back of a 04 STR D22. Having trouble sourcing a shallow fit speaker.

Cheers Dave

What speakers are people running in the back of a 04 STR D22. Having trouble sourcing a shallow fit speaker.

Cheers Dave

Hey mate I just finished my setup, I was lucky I just grabbed some two way polk audio from wow for my rears and they only just fit the tweeter is mounted in the middle
Of the mid range speaker and it just fit lol it hit a steel bracket befor the window and it's hard up against the stock speaker grill in the door. Don't have any dimensions can have them Monday though if thats not to late?

Thanks for that guys.

Al, did you have to put in a backing board to mount them on, the pre-hole on mine is nearly 7", so I wouldn't have thought a 6 inch would fit.

Dave

Bit of an old thread, but its a sticky so I guess I can post in it whenever I want, lol.

Does anyone know if you can get an ISO harness for 2010 d22's with the 6 stack CD player with the 2 control knobs on it? I have put an eBay DVD unit in and got the harness listed in the aerpro listing but its nothing like the harness on the old CD player or the harness in the car. I will need to pull the unit out again shortly to connect the reverse camera so I can get pics then but I was wondering if anyone has come across this?

Just for reference the aerpro harness has 2 connectors and the stacker from the car only has one, as does the short adaptor harness that goes from the car loom to the stacker. I am wondering if it is the same as the d40 one, but from the pictures I have seen it doesn't look the same...

Hi there,
I have a 2001 navara ute. I have a new CD player in it and also having problems with no dash or tail lights. Could I please have a picture of how to properly wire the headunit to avoid this or some further information on how to fix it. Thanks

We'll I just installed a DVD player in my 2014 navara an the wires are the same colour as just about any aftermarket stereo so it was as simple as matching the colours to your stereo it even has wires for rear speakers although I don't no we're they go
For anyone who wants to no the colours

Yellow 12v constant
Red 12v acc
Earth to body
Orange is lights/dimmer
An speakers are
white/white black
Grey/grey black
Green/green black
Purple/purple black

I just chopped the plug of and used covered flat female terminals on the car and male ones on the stereo and it worked a treat hope this helps anyone with a 2014 wanting to change there stereo cheers

Hi guys, about the rear speaker wiring, in the service manual the connection plug is D74 in the rear door. Does anyone know if there is one under the dash or anyway else these wires link to ??
Fraser.

Last edited:
Hi guys, about the rear speaker wiring, in the service manual the connection plug is D74 in the rear door. Does anyone know if there is one under the dash or anyway else these wires link to ??
Fraser.

I've got a 2004 D22 ST-R. In mine I found a two wire plug in the door and the matching plug in the pillar basically so you don't have to feed a wire through to the door if you cbf.

I had no rear speaker wiring in the dash so I ran a cable out to each pillar and chopped the plugs off on both ends joined the wires and hard wired the speakers.

I also used the appropriate Nissan ISO wiring plug I found on eBay and joined to end of wires I ran behind head unit so as to maintain factory look and plugs. Also in future if changing the stereo again it is all plug and play.

Have fitted an aftermarket sound system with GPS/navigation (7" touchscreen), hooked it into a 2000w amp (under passenger seat) for rear door speakers and another 500w amp behind rear seat to power the 12" compact sub....all door speakers are after market.....crisp LOUD clean sound, whether you're listening to Ramstein/AC-DC/Metalica or disco, without it being heard from 2 blocks away! ;) Still have a new system (same as mine) and amps for sale if anyone is interested, fitting can also be arranged and it WILL look nice and neat! ;)

Latest posts

Back