Whats this?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwac

Reaction score
Hi, First post for me. Love the forum, very helpful. Have been lurking around learning a few things.

Bought a D22 ZD30 about 6 months back around 200k on it, have been servicing and fixing up were capable. It goes well and has been fun off-road.

Been reading about the catch cans and other mods and weighing it up.

The ute looks like it has had a few bits previously tinkered with, think its seen a bit of off road. Unsure if its had the EGR mod done and cant see a catch can anywhere!

I found what looks like an after market valve been installed. To me it looks to be tied into some thing near the air filter, it connects to a metal part that seems to be linked to an exhaust outlet maybe. I was thinking its some kind of adjustment for Turbo or something but just guessing. It is adjustable with a click on each part rotation.

It looks pretty oily, presuming it at least needs cleaning out.

Just looking for a bit of advice as to what it is really and should I be concerned about the oil.

Thanks in advance.
file4.jpg

file2.jpg

file3.jpg
Peter

The blue thing looks like a boost controller (T piece). 1 line will connect too the turbo actuator and the other side will connect to the boost side of the turbo (do you have a pic where the other side connects).

It makes it so your waste will open at a higher pressure. So you adjust it to get more boost in your engine.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't worry about the other pic i see it on the boost side of the turbo.

Back