2.5' lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt96

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a lift done on my d22. I'm new to all this so not really sure where to start.. I want to eventually be able to put 32' tyres on and pretty keen to take it out 4wding.

I've done some looking and so far I haven't been able to find anywhere in the northern suburbs of Melbourne that do a 3' lift. I've received a quote off a bloke who said he can do a 2.5' lift rather than 3' for $1200 as I've been told 3' isn't legal? He said the lift would involve changing shock absorbers and springs only. Can anyone tell me if this is legit?

Any help would be great!

The rules governing lifts in Australia specify that a suspension lift is limited to 50mm (2 inches). The guy's right. Is he replacing shocks too? If so, that's a very cheap lift. I had mine lifted and it cost me just over $2K. 43mm at the front - couldn't go higher without replacing the upper control arms - and 85mm at the rear (unloaded). The extra at the rear wsa due to the dual rate springs I chose.

That's probably reasonable for having a workshop do the work. All that would be is new rear springs, new shockies and winding the torsion bars up on the front end to get the height right. It should also include a wheel alignment as that is required after raising the front end. You need to check with him if that is included so you know if you have to go somewhere else to get that done afterwards.

If you pm zordo on this forum, he can sort you out with very well priced suspension gear. It isn't hard to fit it yourself with basic tools.

To add to that, Tony, would you mind moving this to the correct area haha. I didn't realise it was in the d40 area until just then...

That's probably reasonable for having a workshop do the work. All that would be is new rear springs, new shockies and winding the torsion bars up on the front end to get the height right. It should also include a wheel alignment as that is required after raising the front end. You need to check with him if that is included so you know if you have to go somewhere else to get that done afterwards.

If you pm zordo on this forum, he can sort you out with very well priced suspension gear. It isn't hard to fit it yourself with basic tools.

To add to that, Tony, would you mind moving this to the correct area haha. I didn't realise it was in the d40 area until just then...

Hey mate is there any way to lift the front end without winding up the torsion bar?

Hey mate is there any way to lift the front end without winding up the torsion bar?
Nope. Even with new uca's they only recommend winding them up to about a 2 inch lift so you get better down travel in the front end. You can get new torsion bars if yours have lots of km on them, otherwise you can reindex your stock ones. The only way to lift the front end is by winding them up....

Latest posts

Back