Drowned Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboDragon

Reaction score
Hey guys, went through a bit of a puddle today that splashed up into the air intake, which is stock standard. no snorkel :(

Anyway, it died in the middle of the puddle so i turned it off and got a mate to tow me home.

cracked a beer and pulled the rocker covers off, took out the glowplugs and put it in low second. then me a mate rolled it backwards and forwards with the key off whilst in low second. heaps of water sprayed out. we did this for a fair bit, then i got in and turned it over with the glow plugs still out. even more water sprayed out. kept at this until there was barely any coming out, then peiced it all back together.

once it was back together i jumped in and turned it over, started first time.

seems to be going well.

Very lucky, lucky to know not to turn it over when it might have water in it!

expensive and time consuming, changing con rods, which is best case scenario with water in there :)

Top Call mate.. escaped with only minor expense. . Always a great feeling

yeah, real lucky :)

i dunno, im a bit strapped for cash at the moment. i might go with some 3' stainless pipe and make it myself, i have a cousin that can tig it :)

I'd do an oil change or two in quick succession and check the turbo compressor wheel for peace of mind.

just changed the oil then, no water/white shit in there :)

took the front pipe off the turbo to get to the oil filter, she seems all good, again no water

Latest posts

Back