Clarky...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so i've got a few plans in motion right now.

The chipIT chip should be arriving soon. I'm getting ZORDO to install a Body lift and redo the entire suspension package before christmas. I'm getting a full set of RANCHO 9000XL adjustable shocks all round and a steering damper. Once the body lift has been certified by TMR, I'm going to install the modified UCA's that arrived in the mail yesterday, i still plan on only having the car lifted 2", but the UCA's should get me some sweet down travel. I've also already installed the idler arm brace that also came with UCA's in the mail.

And i've just ordered a front LOKKA.

so yes, big plan, lots of work to be done. after all that it's just an intercooler i'll be chasing i think. then i can get back to setting it up for touring, which will involve fitting a long range fuel tank, installing some drawers/shelves in the canopy, finding a ~50L water tank to live behind the fridge.

yeah, BIG plans afoot.

I think you earned a bit to much money in gladstone.
Nice plans though should make your truck tough as.

Id love to see the front lokka in action, I might get one yet then I can be locked front and rear

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Getting pretty serious now mate!! Have to go for a play next time your down..

Lokka arrived today, UCA's are finally all together (they didn't send the ball joints the first time round) and ready to go in, but they have to wait till the body lift is signed off.

Hopefully I can get the lokka in before Christmas... But not likely.

ChipIT chip should arrive next week sometime.

Sub goes in next Thursday (22nd).

Full suspension and body lift goes in next Friday (23rd)

It's all happening.

This thing is gunna be a beast! will definitely have to have a gladstone/rocky meet to have a squiz.

Last edited:
If i can remember correctly its the top which is too deep. It wasn't even a close fit. I went with the next size down, not as powerful but plenty good enough for the small area. Oh yeah also we didn't just measure it, we tried sitting the store display unit in.

Mmmkay. I'll re-measure it tomorrow and double check. The dimensions are 890*350*82mm. If I could get a 4L bottle of oil to stand up behind my back seats, this should slide in.

Alright, I've done the prep work for the sub to go in. I've double checked my measurements, and it'll fit.

Just.

I've to pull the head rests and the jack brackets out.

Then I've cleaned and prepped the paint surface and sprayed it with 2 coats of 3M sound and body deadener. I've also got a length of auto carpet from Bunnings to put under/over the sub unit during install to stop it from vibrating against the body work and seat back.

All ready for it to go in on Thursday! Woo! My trip back to brissy is gonna be thumpin'!!

Attachments

• image-510491029.jpg
    image-510491029.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 183
good stuff Josh, your gonna be deaf lol. When we tried to fit it on i didn't remove the headrest or jacks but I can't see how we messed up fitting it. Good luck mate, its gonna rock.

Yeah, it'll sit in behind the seat neatly without getting rid of the jack bracket, however the seat back will get in the way, if you cut out the jack bracket and shift the sub unit to the side by 100mm, it'll sink into the back of the seat and give you a bit of extra clearance. And removing the headrest will give you an extra 15mm or so.

So yeah, it should fit quite snug.

Latest posts

Back