Need help choosing tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanick

Reaction score
So, I know its not a sitting of the edge of your seat topic, and its all personal preference, but- I need some new rubber. I have 2 sets of rims and 3 spares.
Set 1- 265 75 16 Maxxis Bighorns.
Set 2- 245 70 16 Dunlop AT20.

I bought the bighorns for everyday driving and wanted the look. I knew they would be rougher than road tyres, but hey- I wanted the ol-girl to look tough. :evil:
Then as they got chopped out after 60K kms, I found a 2nd hand set of rims with road tyres with 70% for $200 and thought with all the extra road kms I was doing this would be the way to go and swap them for muds when going away.

Couple of years on now they're both worn and I need tyres before xmas....

Dilemma....!
Do I get some decent looking AT's (looking at Toyo Open Country AT11) and use 1 set for a while until I save the $$, or just stick with another set of Bighorns as I know there shit hot and I'm doing less kms than previously...!

I cant chose...! :unsure:

As I've aged the way I choose has swayed...
I know its all down to want/need/cost/use....., but what's your thoughts..???

Sensible, smoother and toned down look, or
Tough, slight more road noise and slightly less kms...?

I've had the OCAT II on my D22 for about a year now and they are lasting well. Includes a quick 8000k trip up the Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie, Mt Dare and back to Sydney.

Mate, I was in the same story not to long ago.

I went with Dick Cepic Fun country's, too early to tell what they are like in the bush but i am happy with them on the road. Only slight road noise.

Thanks for the replies.
Sensible is boring. Agreed. Muds are tough. Will have a look at the dicks and see what the tread is like. Still tossing it up. ��

I have a set of Toyo AT11 on my Patrol and I am very happy with them.

I think when funds allow a set of Toyo MT`s will be getting fitted to the Navara

Fitted Yokohama geolander at-s last week. 4for price of 3. 2 year on and off road warranty. Got lot for $945 fitted. Saved a heap

Latest posts

Back