D40 turbo hard piping

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to pull the trigger on a Plazmaman turbo hot pipe, But then came across this for a fraction of the price.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Navara-D40-Late-2011-2012-0N-Turbo-Intercooler-Hot-Pipe-Pipes-Upgrade-BLK-/331328362775?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d24b59917

Any one picked one up and how do they compare to the Plazmaman?
If they are any good would anyone be interested in a group buy (providing the seller is willing)

Wouldnt be much different mate apart from possibly the welds. As long as it fits right, it will do the same thing.

Maybe worth contacting the seller and asking a few questions.
Maybe they are already at there limit on price. Wont ever hurt to ask.
Maybe find how many would have to buy to drop the price and what they are made of - thickness ??
My guess is they might post individually - having listed free postage

Last edited:
It seems they are avoiding my question of the inner and outer dimensions of the pipe.
They have also told me that they are china made.

I actually messaged seller lastnight myself as I am wanting one for the 140kw motor and they only have listed on there description the 170kw motor. They finally replied late today and said will all be ok in broken English although I'm a little sceptical in purchasing from them though love to hear if anyone else has.

They also told me that it is for the 2.5l.
I think they have their power and engine figures wrong. The pipe definitely looks like the one for the 2.5.
The 3l 170 kw is the 6 cyl version isn't it? has a completely different pipe.
I'm not sure weather to take the chance grab this one or get a Plazmaman one which will work out over $200 after shipping.

They also told me that it is for the 2.5l.
I think they have their power and engine figures wrong. The pipe definitely looks like the one for the 2.5.
The 3l 170 kw is the 6 cyl version isn't it? has a completely different pipe.
I'm not sure weather to take the chance grab this one or get a Plazmaman one which will work out over $200 after shipping.
Funny you say that I've been thinking about the exact same thing whether to give it a shot or get the plazmaman one for a while now.

Yeah the 170kw is the 6cyl in the 550's etc.. There Pipe is completely different so this one does look correct don't see what can be that wrong with it that couldn't be fixed with maybe a silicon coupling or something but could be wrong.

I only just came across this seller a couple of days ago, How long ago did you find them?
I took a look at their feed back which seems good, But its all mainly feed back on hubcaps....

Yeah the 170kw is the 6cyl in the 550's etc.. There Pipe is completely different so this one does look correct don't see what can be that wrong with it that couldn't be fixed with maybe a silicon coupling or something but could be wrong.

What i am worried about is the clip that holds it to the intercooler and the seal there. Mine is a late 2012 model.

Found them about a week ago. Yeah mine is 2013 so same I think. You raise a good point that is probably the most important point.

Do you think if we got a few numbers, plazmaman may drop there price some?
Most times buying stuff online from overseas works out alright, just they wait time and the risk that it might not fit

Do you think if we got a few numbers, plazmaman may drop there price some?
Most times buying stuff online from overseas works out alright, just they wait time and the risk that it might not fit

Its worth a try. I will email them.
Also, this cheapy pipe looks like it is China made and distributed from Melbourne.
Still waiting on more information from them regarding pipe thickness.

Its worth a try. I will email them.
Also, this cheapy pipe looks like it is China made and distributed from Melbourne.
Still waiting on more information from them regarding pipe thickness.

Haha.. had this issue on eBay before.. they have someone setup in 'Melbourne'
Lies I tells ya - All LIES.
IM in for sure if plazmaman wants to help out :redcool:

Plazaman have told me that they will give a 10% discount.
Email below

[email protected]
Hi Matt,

You can pass the message on for the next 3 weeks I can give a 10% discount on the pipes.

Coupon code is “navaraspecial”

Expires 19th Feb

Or they can give us a call.

Regards,

Henry

after adding the 10% discount price (after shipping) from the website it gets me down to the ebay price...
Shipping is cheaper if you buy from ebay.

This does sound good, thanks for contacting them for all of us who are interested. I think lm just going to stick with the plazmaman one can't be bothered stuffing around if the other one isn't good.

Latest posts

Back