D40 2.5ltr fuel gauge problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 k/c D40 Nav and a while back i ran out of fuel whilst still showing between 1/4 and Empty on the gauge. Ive let it run for a while but is a bit iffy when im towing as to how much i have left.
Mine has 110K KM and i just replaced the fuel sender unit in the tank with a 2nd hand unit that had only had 18K KM through it however still done exact same thing and ran out round the same spot on the gauge.

Any suggestions, experiences or help is appreciated

cheers

probably a faulty gauge mine was similar with the added bonus that if left to idle for more than a min the gauge would drop to nothing and the light would come on, In the end I had to get my cluster replaced and then I had to add $160 to get the odo reset to the correct number my ks were 114,000 when the issue started.

A ScanGauge will act as a much better fuel gauge ab=nyway and it does other things as well so not a bad addition.
Simsy
Who did the reset on the odometer ?I have a new dash I was going to install but havent gotten around to it as yet and actually thought the odometer reading would come from the ECU

Latest posts

Back