Zd30 turbo difference

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
Hey guys I unfortunately spat the turbo in my nav today. :( Good news is it was on exhaust side so no futher damage has been done to the motor. Anyway I was woundering if the patrol Zd30 motor is the same as navara. So if I brought a zd30 designed for a patrol would it be the same as my nav? despite it not being intercooled like the patrols

I do believe the only difference was that the Patrols ran a variable vane version of the same turbo, i am lead to believe they are not compatible for this reason.

as blacknav said you will need to modify your ecu to to fit vg turbo. If thats even possible. just go for the HT 12-19D turbo for navaras. :)

patrol uses a variable turbo and a different exhaust manifold.
the variable turbo causes a few isues with the patrols so it may not be a wise idea.
if you did use a variable turbo use an external method of control rather than the ecu which is a big cause of problems.

i would just look at getting a better normal turbo. someone does make one that fits the navara.

cheers but was kinda emergency as had no car so just ordered a new standard one. kinda wish i had of seen earlier but

Latest posts

Back