Fuel filter change and Pre filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin'sD40

Reaction score
Hi All

Moving from a D40 to a D23 I was wondering if you had to clear the pump codes after a fuel filter change like you had to do on the D40, or do you just replace it and thats it?

Has anyone installed a pre filter yet the likes of FUEL MANAGER

Marty

you never had to clear any codes when replacing the filter on the d40. its just something people did for "peace of mind" after reading it in the repair manual.

Hmm dont know about that one !!!

I changed my 1st filter at 30k and there is no way the engine would start up after the filter change , so I refitted the old filter and away it went
The pump over time keeps the pressure at a set level so as the filter would become blocked the pump would up the pressure so that it would remain at OM speck , when you then change the filter the pump remains at that higher pressure over stock and the rail sensor would read over pressure and cut the fuel

Thats me way of understanding it , a fast way to clear the pump , so that it would go back into the leaning mode was to disconnect both battery terminal and with ign on cross + and - together this would drain the residual power from the ECU thuss resetting the pump

Worked every time for me over the last 10 yrs

Marty

i am pretty sure people dont use the fuel pump reset to change fuel filters, i cant imagine driving to my mechanic and saying "if you replace the fuel filter do the pedal dance" but if that worked for you mate what can i say! i never had any problems when i did our d40 filter just build up pressure with the small in-line rubber thingy

I would say the d23 would be the same as the d40. Being common rail, as you said, over time the fuel pump is worked harder as the filter blocks up and when there is less restriction you get excess rail pressure readings...

As for the pre filters, I have a stanadyne one at 30 micron on my d22. The filters they use are chemically treated to separate water out of the diesel. I'm pretty sure the fuel manager one is similar if not the same, with different stickers on it lol

filter change is easy on the d23.
Replace the filter, turn the ignition on hear the fuel pump start wait 30sec it will change sound when it gets to pressure and a slight hissing sound as the system primes. Hissing sound stops all ready to start.
No codes to clear.

And me with no computors

Gi/day all,

Look at all the fun you guys have chewin your finger nails, over oil and fuel filters,
you all know the old D21-sd25 diesels, are that boring to drive, without them
Computors and thats why "Nissan" went and fitted Computors to brighten your days while your driving about and getting Grey Hair with all your worries about
this and that not working properly, I only have that Green tin Box under the Wifes seat that fires Her "Ejector Seat" for Her, Now I just gotta wire in a Button to
make it work as well,

I just hope two things, 1 is I hope she dont read this Forum and my Posts,
and the other is ,I dont have to use a computor to fire it!

best regards,
highway man!:deadhorse:

haha that's true highwayman, but the way that desert hucker described how the system is pretty much "auto priming" sounds a hell of a lot better than pumping the bloody primer plunger on my old D22. I'd hate to think how many hours i've spent on the end of that plunger over the years.

Latest posts

Back