loud noise when turning full lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattberry1611

Reaction score
I have a 2006 d22 dual cab, when I turn to a full lock and go over a slight bump(or large bump) the car makes a noise that sounds like metal on metal rubbing against eachother. I have stock suspension and wheels.
Any idea what this is and how I can fix it?
Thanks guys!
Matt

Grease up the steering the stops. Not a big problem. Dealer will do it if you can't. Mine made that noise when It left the factory floor. Got it sorted straight away.

^ that's what it will be. It's because the stops use the control arm as the stop block and if you are on lock with the stop touching the arm then go over a bump the stop rubs metal on metal hence the noise. The stop caps should have a plastic cap on the end, but they wear off after a while. Shocking sound though.

They are on the knuckle flanges at the bottom and the come into contact with the back of the control arm

image-1276650677.jpg

If you look at the photo they are under the break caliper on both sides.

ny 06 d22 does it as well but i dont have to be turning to get the noise.

front end noise

Saw this thread and joined
Have you checked lower ball joints. As they may have come loose in lower control arms (wish bone).
Cheers

Those leg stops are a great idea! I'm about to get a suspension upgrade so I'll make sure I include these!

Isn't there a mesurment that the steering limiter bolts are wound out to because I have the same problem but I cant find a work shop manual to check the distances and nissan are no help .can anyone help be much appreciated. Thanks

I've been wondering what this noise is and my mate and I thought it was a navara problem because I've got a 2000 model qd32 dual cab and he has a 2010 d22 2.5 common rail and they both do it. I'm glad I looked at this because I think that's what our problem is.

Latest posts

Back