4.0 petrol D40 Auto 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no doubt about it the fuel consumption on te 4 litre petrol D40 is high. Prolly about 30% more but i understand where your comming from Ben. They are as smooth as silk, quiet and go like a cut snake.

If you do low K's per year, the cost of owning one would be no more than having the diesel and doing much more K's per year. A lot of people forget that fuel usage of owning a car/truck is not the bigest component of owning a vehicle.

I bourht a new late 2011 D40 Diesel. Although it has been reliable. I often think I should of gone for the 4.0L petrol. I think Nissan stopped making them shortly after that time.

Yes 2011 is the last of the 4.0 i believe.

Its funny cos i actually havent even driven my d22 for 2 weeks, i drive a company vehicle during the week and we usually use the mrs car on weekends unless were doing sonething that needs the ute.
Have only done 45k in the last 5 years.

But i plan on using it a lot more on weekend trips away after this year so thats where fuel using could start to be a draw back.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

From what I understand in this thread you must be talking about the "D21"
fitted with the SD25, no Turbo, 650Klm's from a full tank,!
But then the Brainless Twits went to fitting Computers and ruined the ute they now build!
highway man:deadhorse2:

More lamenting the way diesel motors in general have evolved in recent times. I see plenty of old utes with very high km's still plying the tracks. Not sure many modern ones will achieve that. They use to to be simple and reliable things. No need to be concerned where you filled up, or keep up with fuel filters, no engine light to worry about. Not much in them to go wrong.

They seem to be getting more complicated and smaller and smaller. I wouldn't buy one of the small passenger diesels. Get the feeling the light commercial sector is going the same way.

Though at the same time I do lots of off roading type touring and find nothing compares to diesels for that. Love the way I can just let the nav idle up the rougher bits, river crossings without a worry, that sort of thing. Spend most of the time between idle and about 2000 rpm just chugging around. Never found petrol utes very good at that.

Latest posts

Back