Aftermarket wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracka

Reaction score
G'day all, tell me what you think of these rims. They are Allied - Wasp 16" x 7".
wasp-MB.jpg

This is what they look like against the car. These ones aren't the correct ones for the car but they give an idea of the look. Will be fitted with 265/70/16 Yoky Geolander's probably. And then a lift in the future.

03072009130.jpg

03072009134.jpg

03072009137.jpg

G'day all, tell me what you think of these rims. They are Allied - Wasp 16" x 7". Will be fitted with 265/70/16 Yoky Geolander's probably. And then a lift in the future.

I don't mind the look, but IMO 8" wide or you might as well keep the stockers.

Yep, I'd be going 16x8's as well.

If your lifting it 2" then 265/75R16 fill the guards a bit better

G'day guys. I don't really need 8" wide as I'm only going 265/70/16, 75 series is too big in NSW (illegal) 70 series is as big as you can go.

I only have the steelies hence why I'm after something a bit nicer and there's not much around for our trucks, I would probably go a set of factory alloys but every set on ebay seems to go around that $700 mark, then I'm looking at $200 plus to get them to me (that was a set in Gladstone). Most aftermarket rims available in Aus are around $250 each. So I thought for the same price I might as well have a different look to everyone else.

These are some other rims available.
Advanti Riot
42_RIOT.jpg

Advanti Creed
47_CREED.jpg

Allied Hammer
hammer.gif

Koya Diesel
IMG_2920-400.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I have had a look but the problem is getting them, I see Aussinav on the Fronteir forum has Procomp on his rig, I posted to find out where he got them, haven't heard back yet. From what I hve seen though the -12 offset sticks out a little far, not real sure though.

I found some American Racing Trench at Wheelboyz in Qld, 17" x 8" though. They are a nice design but didn't want 17". They ended up $370 a rim.

Tell me more about Matt and this Monster rides, I like the photo on his upcoming site

Hey Guys I found a couple of pictures of the rims on a Nav, these are for sale on Ebay, but in WA, they look pretty good I reckon, these are obviously the correct rims a little different to what I tried, but I knew that.
BVOJELwWkKGrHgoOKi4EjlLmZ1SBKRYtjMg.jpg

BVOI84wBGkKGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBKRYsD.jpg

I was speaking with the guys from Allied Wheels recently as we have arranged some export shipments for them at work.
Martin said they have a new model coming through soon for the D40 - Arrow Black.

I have a white D40 so thinking these will look pretty sweet if I can afford them lol.

Just a pain that Nissan decided to use a cr@p offset for the D40 stud pattern...bugger all options for aftermarket wheels.

Thanks for that Todd262. I spoke with Ray, the owner seems like a nice bloke. There rims are a pretty good price too, I thought, $255 a rim down here.

G'day guys. I don't really need 8" wide as I'm only going 265/70/16, 75 series is too big in NSW (illegal) 70 series is as big as you can go.

Are you sure that's correct? the last time I checked the ADR's it stated a maxium of 50mm increase in tyre diameter over the original supplied tyre. I think you have been given the max tyre size for a road car,(15mm) different rules for commercial and 4wd's.

Yeah mate, absolutley 100% sure, in N.S.W that is, you can only go 15mm larger in diameter than the largest fitted, in the case of D40 the 255/70/16 is 763mm dia, therefore we (in N.S.W) can only go 768mm which is 265/70/16 or 245/75/16. If you want to go larger it has to be engineered.

265/75/16's are 803mm (industry standard) but in the flesh you find Coopers are 807mm and I think Mickey T MTZ's are 810mm.

Other states may be different, I think in Vic for 4wd you can go 50mm larger but unfortunately in N.S.W 4wd/car same thing.

Check this link to RTA.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf

I'm still not sure that's correct ADR's are a national code, where are you getting those figures from? it contradicts the ADR website which makes no mention of state by state differences?

You may be looking at ADR's correctly, but you have to use them in conjuction with any State Laws. If you check the link I attached it takes you straight to the N.S.W R.T.A website to their guidelines for wheels and tyres. This must be adhered to as well as the ADR's.

It is the same as the 'Australian Road Rules' which took over in December, 1999 when the Traffic Act 1909 in N.S.W (different Act in other States) was repealed. This was meant to bring all States in Australia in line with each other in relation to traffic law, but oh no, that was too hard, every State wanted to pick the eyes out of it and add their own bit, that's why each State still has some of their differing rules and regs.

Latest posts

Back