mud tyre noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a sacrifice you have to take when buying muddies, but some have patterns that reduce road noise. Its hard to say as from person to person opinions. I know the KM2 aren't too bad tho...

how bad depends on the tire. i've got 2 4x4 with muds and you get used to it.
however some of the chunkier muds can be very very noise.
also playing with air pressures can alter the noise.

thanx guys for them in put. i think i might buy a new set of rims with muddys on them then use my ATs wen im useing the ute for work

I got mickey t MTZ's and everyone always said how noisy they were, I can barely hear them over the engine noise

My Insa Turbo's sounded like a there was an old P51 mustang flying above me when they where new, now I barely notice it.

my km2's were quiet when new but after 50000k's are nearly as noisy as my claws, but to be honest you will only notice the noise on the way home and for the new few days.

My Insa Turbo's sounded like a there was an old P51 mustang flying above me when they where new, now I barely notice it.

Ha ha, I had a set of Motorway Mongrels (Simex Centipede copy) that were just like that on my Forerunner, when I wanted to trade it in the salesman was cranky and stated he "would not even consider trading while ever those tyres were on the car". My business went else where :sorry3::redcool:

Mickey T MTZ's on mine,. In all honesty, I rarely notice the noise. about the only time I notice the noise is on a very smooth surface (This may be an issue if you spend your life on the motorways). When I change between the muddies and normal tyres, noise is never what I notice.

IMHO, Forget the noise. Consider the other issues of muddies.
Cornering ability drops, wet weather grip (Tar) drops, fuel gauge drop, performance drops, braking performance, general smoothness of the car declines.

Another vote for the MTZ's I haven't found them to be overly loud. On the highway my snorkel makes more noise then the tyres do.

Latest posts

Back