In-car Tyre Monitoring by Inawise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
G'day everybody!
Just wanted to let everyone know about a great product I have tried and tested.
Its a in car tyre moniter system from a company called inawise,
the way it works is the valves are replaced with a sensor unit fitted to the new valve that wirelessly transmitts a signal to the reciver that is dash mounted. It gives a live feed of both pressure and temp. in each tyre.
This is very handy because if your like me and nervious about tyre condition espically while driving on the road home from a weekend off the road then it saves you pulling over every time you feel a bump in the road and get paranoide about something wrong with your tyres!
Also its amazing to learn how much difference in pressure the temp makes, for example, in thr morning hear my tyres are at 38psi and in the late afternoon on a warmish (its tasmania, its never hot!) day its up to 41 psi!
After a long drive there up to 42 psi! Something to think about to prevent over or under inflating tyres after a session of low pressure!
Also when your off the road and running low pressure, you can moniter too see if you are loosing air, or if you have rolled a tyre off the rim before damage can occure! And another application while at low temp, when your on a straight flat section of road between tracks and you have a bit of pace up, you can make sure you dont let your tyres overheat on the rim and cause damage!
All this saving you from replacing expensive tyres!!!

The only downside to them I have found so far is that when using a speedy deflator it takes another two sips of the can to drop the pressure, but whats a few seconds of your life for piece of mind while in the drivers seat! And for me, that time is more then made up by not having to stop and check my tyres all the time on the drive home!

Is anyone else using this system?

I can fully recomend it! A great device!

Cheers everyone!
:cheers!:

I've looked at a similar system several times over the last few years and the only thing I don't like about them is price. Last time I looked they were over $300 and for me that just isn't worth the price. I'd also be interested to see what frequency the run on but last time I looked no one was interested in giving out that information.

Edit: I thought I made some bad websites over my time but that one beats any of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be good for a trailer or van because a flat might not be noticed for some time.

Maybe I will wait for the Chinese copies.

In the US the Frontier comes factory with tyre pressure sensors and I heard that they are now a mandatory safety feature on vehicles to stop accidents from under or over inflated tyres .
So they should make it mandatory in maybe 10 to 15 years here lol
And yeah interresting site

From talking with friends in the US the biggest issue is being able to get replacement sensors

Last edited:
Considering what they are and how much they'd cost to produce if they dropped the price making them mandatory in this country might actually happen because they are rather useful in any number of circumstances, but $300 (and heaps more for a truck and/or trailer set up where they'd be extremely helpful) is not what I call practical.

Latest posts

Back