Mud tyre comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Post up the tyres you are running and how you rate them, on & off road and value for money.

I'm Running 265-75-16 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T.

They seem to be good tyres, both on and off road. Bit of road noise but not bad.
They're my first set of mud tyres so I dont have much to compare them to.
They were on the truck when I bought it, I was told they had done about 30-40 thousand kms. Ive done another 20 or so thousand, still got a fair bit of tread left, dont seem to have worn down in the time I've had them.

I think they are about $420 a tyre, so not cheap. I'm happy enough with them that I would buy them again depending on how the prices compared with other tyres, then again for an all round tyre they seem to be wearing well on road so maybe the price may be worthwhile.

Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/75/16
10,000km to date wearing ok,very good on road(bit noisy).better than the oem on wet roads.
Great offroad will prob buy again if I can afford as there not cheap and most importantly they look the grouse :)

I run Cooper St's 90% of the time. Awesome tyre in the wet, plus the fact I have the Bistiens.

It will only kick sideways in the wet if I try and thats not often.

I also have a set of MTZ's which are a good tyre, however they are a soft rubber and wear faster then the ST's.

I run Cooper St's 90% of the time. Awesome tyre in the wet, plus the fact I have the Bistiens.

It will only kick sideways in the wet if I try and thats not often.

I also have a set of MTZ's which are a good tyre, however they are a soft rubber and wear faster then the ST's.

You mean you can only kick the tyre sideways in the wet? Surely you wouldn't be implying that a D22 could kick out sideways!!? :big_smile:

I have a set of 305/70r16 mickey thompson claws...they are brilliant offroad, a little noisy on road, only thing i dont particularly like is how much flex they have in the sidewall when cornering on the road the car seems un-responsive at best, although i have no swaybar which does not help in the slightest. But all in all i would not swap them for anything.....except maybe a set in 315/75r16 haha!

hey,
i have cheap Federal Couragia Mts and they are my first set of mud terrains so i have nothing to compare to. for me the onroad noise isnt that bad but the missus hates it. in the wet they grip good. offroad well i havent played in much mud yet but from the offroading ive done ive been impressed with what they do. cost me $240 a tire and i would by again as an offroad set. just for further info i am hoping to do the Cape York in them so time will tell if they are up to the task.

Be intresting to see how the couragia's wear, heard they are a good tyre but wear a bit quick.

Love the look of the claws, only draw back is theyre directional, mucks up the rotation a bit.

I have 235/85/16 Insa Turbo Sahara muddies, they are a remold so they where cheap, only cost me about $700 for 4. They are quite noisy, sounds like a lite plane is following me around when i have the window down lol. They are my 1st set of muddies but i think they are super awesome, so far i have had them for about 10 months and done about 8000km i think, i recon they probably have another 15000km or so in them. I will probably be upgrading to 33"s before then anyway so I am not too fussed, they have taken me everywhere I wanted to go.

The couragia are a meaty tire but are soft in the compound. Expected for a cheapish mud terrain so I'm not fussy. Is like to stick them into a mud plain or some mud puddles to see how they perform.

Apparently November onwards is gonna be as wet as last year. Bring it on woot

265/75 R16 BFG KM2's, little bit of noise but for the tread pattern fairly quite. First set of mud tyres but have driven them on road wet as dry no problems, you have to give it a fair bit in the wet to get it to even think about stepping out, handle unreal off road more then enough grip and out on the farm walk through stuff in 2WD that would have needed 4WD on the old Ironman tyres (they were more failry tame all terrian at best but put the d22 places alot of people struggled with mud tyres, but a mile ahead of the originals)

mickey t mtzs im on my second set now,got over 70000 out of the first ones they are a great all round tyre no complaints here.

Have been using bf goodrich km2's for 30,000k's and very happy in all conditions. I would recommend them highly, only down sides are they are expensive and dont gets lotof k's out of them. Now have the new TTC claws but yet to test them out.

GT Adventura MT 265/75/16

Only had them 1 month and been offroad twice, No read mud about yet but climbed well with no problems to report.. Not much road noise at all and not slippery in the wet... Good so far..

I run Kumho KL71's in 285/75

Pretty good on road even in the wet.

Dam good offroad, just need to drop down to round the 20psi mark.

They are relatively cheap but han't done enough km's to work out how long they'll last. Triop to the cape should test 'em out :)

Not muddies but overly aggressive a/t. Just had the cooper s/t maxx in 265 75 16 put on the nav on friday, Only done 200 k,s over the weekend on asphalt no complaints. Want to get them out in the bush for some fun. And got them for $350 a corner

i have the goodyear duratrac in the 24575r16 they look great but cost abit, But after having them they where almost as quite as the dunlop at20s .must keep up the rotation every 7,oookm or they can/do make noise when stopping ...grip PLUS and done 15,000 so far and still look new....... i would go them again :)

Just put on a set of BFG KM2'S 265/75 16 done about 1000's on them so far they seem good .first set of mud tyres I've owned. Live on a few acres and up the back where it can be quite boggy when it rains I needed 4 wheel drive all the time with the cheap ass radials that came with the car but can get through most of it in 2 wheel drive now with these.

Latest posts

Back