Remote Central Locking not locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weeman975

Reaction score
I've got a 2010 D22. In recent days, the remote central locking has started not locking any of the doors.

when the remote is pressed, it makes the sound as if its trying to lock, but nothing actually happens. i can still lock all the doors with the key.

when the doors are locked, the remote does unlock the doors.

just wondering if there was anything that could cause this, or fix this problem... without spending squillions taking it to nissan.

Battery in the remote may cause a similar problem? But in saying that would it still open?

It wont be a problem with the solenoid driving the locks if the remote works one way and the key both ways, more likely a fault with the keypad of the remote or the battery as Manning suggests. You can have issue's with dust and moisture with those remotes, I have got a few going with circuit board cleaner perhaps try that.

I have the opposite problem on my 2010 D22 as of yesterday. I can lock the car with the remote but when I try to unlock the indicators flash twice and it makes a sound as it tries to unlock the doors but they're still locked.

I tried my spare remote that i've never used since I bought the car new and same deal. I've been told to check the actuator in the drivers door hasn't moved. That's a job for the weekend.

If you figure it out before then let me know!

I'd suspect the actuator too in both cases. It could be moving at a weird angle causing it to stop moving the locking arm one way depending on how it is mounted. It could also be the actuating rod slipping on the locking rod inside the door in one direction.

The only way to check that is remove the door trim and hop in and try the remote, as it won't be able to lock it at all if the driver's door is open.

Spot on bods. Pulled the door card off today for a look and the screw on the left was loose so it was sliding out when I tried to unlock. Easy fix in the end thankfully!

Weeman I'd take a guess and say the right screw is loose on yours.

Last edited:
thanks so much for that fzrr. that was exactly my problem and was such an easy fix. you're a bloody legend =D

Spot on bods. Pulled the door card off today for a look and the screw on the left was loose so it was sliding out when I tried to unlock. Easy fix in the end thankfully!

Weeman I'd take a guess and say the right screw is loose on yours.

Latest posts

Back