D22 Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samhead81

Reaction score
I'm a new member! So, greetings!

I have a 2004 D22 ST-R and I need to choose between Tough Dog and Iron Man for my price range to get my suspension upgraded. Can anyone tell me which would be better and why?

Personally I'm looking at tough dog. They seem to have a better reputation as far as suspension goes and a few members here have the TD 2" (40mm) lift with no complaints.

Personally I'm looking at tough dog. They seem to have a better reputation as far as suspension goes and a few members here have the TD 2" (40mm) lift with no complaints.

Hmmm. They said the best they can get out of the front torsion bar was 25mm max, before it starts bottoming out and causing issues with the CV Joints.

Who was it that told you that?
The control arm will top out, and the cv angle will increase but I'm pretty sure you only run into issues over 2" lift. Some of the more experienced members may be able to confirm that though.

Who was it that told you that?
The control arm will top out, and the cv angle will increase but I'm pretty sure you only run into issues over 2" lift. Some of the more experienced members may be able to confirm that though.

That was from the guys at opposite lock in Adelaide. I really don't know a lot about this stuff, so I would love to hear from anyone who knows the ins and outs!

As far as I know, 2" is the max you would want to go without a diff drop kit and a upper control arm change. Search calmini uca. There are a few lads that have done that.

There are quite a few people here that have a 2" lift with no other Mods and have no issues. I guess it depends what kind of offroading you want to do.

Thanks heaps for that!

I'm not really doing anything too gnarly, I just want something that still handles nicely on the road, and will cope with a reasonable flogging off road in most terrains. More of an all rounder.

The four different places I've called are all telling me different things with what they can and can't do in terms of front ride height.

All sorted thanks lads! I've gone with the Iron Man heavy duty 2" package. Suits my price range and should be perfect for what I get up to off road!

Opposite lock wanted $1590 for the Tough Dog package. I'm going through Four Play with the Iron Man for $1900. They were by far the most informative and helpful, and didn't set off my bullshit detectors. 😀

Latest posts

Back