spring decision

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proyzrider

Reaction score
hey all im looking at get a 3 inch lift from snake racing and in their suspension packages you can choose from rancho 5000's or tough dogs, any ideas on what would be the way to go? Also is there any point opting for the adjustable springs as i though the rear leafs wouldnt allow for any change in ride seeing as they are load rated to constant 300kg capacity
Cheers

adjustable springs? or do you mean shocks? shocks yes cause if your driving through some twisty rds its nice to adjust them and firm them up so you can feel the steering and then when you hit the shitty nsw or qld rds you can soften them up so you dont feel the bumps and potholes.

yea i meant shocks, but what i dont understand is how could adjusting the shocks make a difference to the rear end as the leaf springs are designed to carry excess weight so would adjustable shocks stil be effective?
cheers for your reply

I only have light springs in the back and notice straight away when the shocks are firm.
So ill say it depends on what springs you have and what weight you carrying to work. If you have 500+kg constant load springs with an empty tub then no they wont really work

Im thinking of buying the 3 inch suspension lift from snake racing aswell, what kit are you looking at getting, the sports, x-flex, touring, or the tradie?

yea i meant shocks, but what i dont understand is how could adjusting the shocks make a difference to the rear end as the leaf springs are designed to carry excess weight so would adjustable shocks stil be effective?
cheers for your reply

My advise would be to do a bit of research- as most overlift type springs aren't designed to carry excess weight but to just sit higher.
Your springs (be it leaf/coil/or torsion bar) are designed to support the weight and to oscillate when going over bumps etc, whereas your shocks dampen/suppress said oscillations.

I was going for the touring but I think I'm going for the x-flex now, I think that the 300 kg springs will be too bouncy for me because i do not have a constant load, I carry a heavy trailer every now and then but for everyday driving I think the regular leafs with the extended shackles will be enough for me, let me know how you like them though

I'd personally only put bilsteins or Koni on but thats me, think tough dog is made in china? rancho I dunno...

hey all i after going to numerous suspension places and doin some research i ended up option away from snake racing and tough dog shocks, most of the place i went told me that the snake racing gear is preety crap and dosnt last long with no warranty, i decided no to get the tough dogs because they are just baulk made instead i got an efs 2inch lift from Ape suspension in wangara so far i'm preety happy now just need to get some chunky rubber

Latest posts

Back