Engine Help needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dante643

Reaction score
So, the last few days when my Navara is started up it will conk out after a few seconds to a minute especially when going down hill (I guess due to low revs) I had the idle bearing replaced not to long ago and the alternator was worked on but that was for another problem. So to basically summarize:

- Navara D40 2007 Auto

- Car Starts

- Down hill or low revs conks out

- If I keep it revved for a while it won't conk out on low revs for the rest of the drive (ATM)

Any help would be so very appreciated, low on cash can't afford to send it to the garage for a major overhaul.

Welcome to the forum!

Two possibilities here, both have caused these symptoms before. Note that I am discounting the fuel pickup as an issue because the problem goes away.

1) Air getting in, most commonly through a recently fitted aftermarket fuel filter. The fuel filter is fiddly at the best of times, but it's a bloody nightmare if it's aftermarket because they just don't get it right when it comes to the little seal inside.

2) Dirty or faulty SCV. Originally people were getting these replaced ($240), but one smart cookie decided to pluck his off the fuel pump and give it a clean. The problem was resolved - saved some cash there! Try cleaning yours first.

Latest posts

Back