Across the Nullabor and back!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbruce

Reaction score
Just finished 10,000km in 4weeks. Had a couple of fridges in the tub and dragged a camper trailer.
Averaged 12.45 L/100km with the cruise control set just over 100.
Used zero oil or coolant. The windscreen washer reservoir didn't require a refill despite regular use.
The clutch started showing it's age, otherwise no issues.
Most expensive fuel was SA/WA border at $1.78 per litre, Port Augusta was about $1.20

Perth drivers need to understand, driving at 15kmh on a freeway for 10 mins during rush hour is not a traffic jam. (I can park for 20 mins on a Sydney Motorway after paying a toll for the privilege.) Also, LEARN TO MERGE!! and how to use the left lane.
The mundaring power line track is great fun. I dragged a triton through most of it.
People say the nullabor is boring. We measured the HID lights illuminate (actually cast a shadow) at 2.6km.
:laser:

The Nullabor is only boring if you keep going and don't make use of the (several) rest areas. Every two hours ... you know the drill.

The coastline there is absolutely spectacular. The trip is worth doing regardless, but it's even more valuable if you take the time to stop, look around and soak it in.

This sounds like good fun. Great economy too. I'll have to do this one day too. Did you take any pics?

Latest posts

Back